cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930

matthieugd
I Plan to Stick Around

It was announced during the keynote of Build 2014 (a developer conference) by Stephen Elop. No word about a release in Canada since they only mentionned "Europe, Asia and Latin America" during the keynote.

More details here : http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/02/nokia-announces-the-lumia-930-630-and-635-running-windows-phone-8-...

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lianS

That is correct. Canada will not be getting the Lumia 930 unless somehow Nokia & North American carriers release it which i doubt it. North American carriers will get the higher end models like you said. Realistically they should offer it but i guess Nokia has problems with North Americans lol.

View solution in original post

112 REPLIES 112

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello matthieugb

That is correct. They did announce the Lumia 930. I don't think it will come to Canada anytime soon too be honest with u guys.

IainS
I Plan to Stick Around

this is just a global variant on the Icon, it will not be released in North America any time soon, More. I would expect new high end devices maybe in September. The 635 will probably come to Canada but that is a low end device.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lianS

That is correct. Canada will not be getting the Lumia 930 unless somehow Nokia & North American carriers release it which i doubt it. North American carriers will get the higher end models like you said. Realistically they should offer it but i guess Nokia has problems with North Americans lol.

JimC
I've Been Here Awhile

I'm actually really hoping that this phone is released in Canada.  I've owned a lumia 920 for two years and it has been a great phone, but this lumia 930 has a few features that I would really like to have.  Larger screen, thiner case and better camera while keeping all the other features I enjoy.  Not to mention that the timing would be just right for me to upgrade. 

You are probably right that September will have some new models for Canada but I've got a vacation planned for before then and I would really like to have a lumia 930 and its better camera.

May have to buy this somewhere else.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello JimC

It won't be released it Canada. They didn't include it in the plan. The only to get this is via online from other sites that sell devices. That's the only way unfortunately

akaliel
I Plan to Stick Around
That's really unfortunate. I have a 920 and will be upgrading soon. The 930 seemed an obvious path, but if there isn't gonna be a decent high end WP device I guess I'll have to go back to Android.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello akaliel

It is:( unfortunately things like this do happen with many manufacturers including Android.

IainS
I Plan to Stick Around

it has already been stated that this phone will not be getting a NA release as it is the same phone as the Lumia Icon and already available in the USA on verizon.

IainS
I Plan to Stick Around

Just remember that this phone and the icon are not able to run the glance screen, one feature that is nice to have.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello IainS

That is correct. Some people do not really care about features as long as the phone runs 😛

IainS
I Plan to Stick Around

either way this phone is not getting released in Canada, so until rogers and such wake up and listen to people, I dont see any new devices other than the 635 coming to Canada until later in the year.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello lainS

This was been already said multiple times in the thread.. Rogers is not the only one. It seems most Canadian carriers aren't really getting any new Windows Devices. Hopefully Rogers does get some new ones in September or the 635.

vivekvp
I Plan to Stick Around

From the specs - will they run on Rogers network - I am concerned about the LTE.

I would consider buying one from Europe - if they are available online.

My Nokia N8 is getting kinda old...

Thanks,

Mr. V

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello vivekvp

It should work on LTE down here as long as it has 2100 and 2600

kilin81
I'm Here A Lot

I was at a rogers store the other day in Ottawa inquiring about something relating to my account and figured I'd ask if they were going to get the 1520 anytime in the near future and the rogers rep told no but they were getting the 930 so as far things go I'm not totally sure how accurate his information is but would be really stoked if it was true.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello kilin81

North America won't be getting the Lumia 930 unfortunately. Its been said by many it won't and they never said North America would even get it. When the Lumia 930 was announced they never announced the Lumia 930 would come to North America, only Europe and other countries would get it.

Store reps are known to give false information all the time it seems. I would take it with a grain of salt when listening to a rep.

ShinraCorp
I Plan to Stick Around
Well you could always go on Ebay and buy an unlocked one 😛 i found a beautiful red 1520 on it last night for 375$ used and unlocked. Sadly though I didn't win the auction, oh well.
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello ShinraCorp

That is true! Although u really need to look at the Frequencies before buying the device as some of them are different then others and may not work on the Rogers network and or will but won't give u 4G or LTE.

Aww that sucks but it's okay:p

dpaulino
I'm Here A Lot

I'm really hoping that Rogers gets this phone. I don't see why they won't. It's the next flagship Nokia device. The 1020, though still good, has old hardware! The 930's hardware easily competes with top end androids!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello dpaulino

Once again North American carriers will NOT get this phone.. Only Verizon has exclusive rights for this phone. I doubt we will ever see in in any Canadian carriers..
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats