cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 930

matthieugd
I Plan to Stick Around

It was announced during the keynote of Build 2014 (a developer conference) by Stephen Elop. No word about a release in Canada since they only mentionned "Europe, Asia and Latin America" during the keynote.

More details here : http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/04/02/nokia-announces-the-lumia-930-630-and-635-running-windows-phone-8-...

***Edited Labels.***

112 REPLIES 112

Re: Nokia Lumia 930

Been using the Lumia 930 now for 4 days. Best phone I have ever used. Love this device. Gave my first impressions quick review in another topic post. This one is just my data experience.

Data speeds are FASTER than on my Lumia 920. Did a speed test in a very specific spot using the Lumia 920 and was surprised the results were so strong. 20+ MBPS downloads. Did the test a few times and then used Netflix. Works well and as I would expect of Rogers LTE service, what I pay for.

Today ran the exact same test in what I will call 98% of the same spot. Multiple try's received 65+ MBPS download speeds. Netflix reacted much faster. Blown away by these results. Device was displaying 4G.

Again in another area downloaded the complete album of the new U2 and was shocked to see how quickly the songs downloaded.

Device never displays LTE only 4G or H+.

In my area cell reception is typically very even voice calls. But near me I know some specific locations that receive excellent reception.

If you had doubts about the speed of data on Lumia 930 and Rogers, which was a major concern for me, fear not! At least in my experience I believe this was a major setup from my Lumia 920

Www.omegacell.com

vivekvp
I Plan to Stick Around

I got my 930!

Seems to be working well - only one issue - says 4g not LTE.

I switched the apn to  ltemobile.apn

Is that right?

It was set to use default APNs (not manual setting) 

It is an unlocked phone.

Thanks,

V

IainS
I Plan to Stick Around

4G and LTE are the same both are using the 2600 band on Rogers. Most lickely the 930 you have is from Hong Kong and it will read 4G when connected to an LTE network.

hello

I just got my Lumia 930.., Im on FIDO in Montreal and yess...its an amazing phone!!

However, I do have one major problem..that i didnt use to have on my old 920.Its about the audio streaming ..especially on Tunein radio. I use this a lot during the daily commmute...it seems that no matter what i do the stream stops arround 40 seconds on the play..The tunein never recovers, unless i stop it and start it again. I tried with different channels same behaviour. I also forced the phone to only use 3G...same result.

Does this happen to you or anyone else? any sugestions for fixes?

thank you,
xtrip19

IainS
I Plan to Stick Around

I have both a 930 and the 830, both are great phones. The only let down with the 930 is the lack of sd card slot. for most people the 830 would make an excellent device if your not willing to go with the 930.

Re: Nokia Lumia 930 Windows Phone in Canada on Rogers

bindy
I've Been Here Awhile

Good News for Canada - for Windows Phone enthusiasts, you can get the "Flagship" Lumia 930

I received my Orange Lumia 930 from Omegacell last week! I am located in Ontario.

It was an unlocked phone, with Country Variant (CV) set to 000-TH which is Thailand.

I have a Rogers Nano SIM on a month to month plan, and the phone works fantastically. In rural areas I get 3G, but anywhere near a Rogers LTE Tower (2600Mhz) I get LTE speeds or else 4G in some places. Everything is working great.

In order to get the Lumia Denim Update - the one that includes "Hey Cortana"! NOT the one that just has the Beta or Alpha version of Cortana, I decided to flash the ROM on my phone to CV 000-GB which is the code for the United Kingdom, where Denim has already been released:

http://www.microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

(Click on Europe to see the Denim Release information for the United Kingdom)

Lumia 930 Country variant Denim OS 8.10.14226.359 Firmware 02540.00019.14522.26006

People at this forum at Windows Central have already flashed the ROM on their Lumia 930 to the GB (Great Britain aka United Kingdom) ROM. Click on this link to read about their experiences:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/295043-flashed-my-french-930-uk-firmware.html

Get the Product Code that you want to flash on your phone here:

http://www.nokioteca.net/home/forum/index.php/topic/245095-product-codes-nokia-lumia-930-rm-1045/

I chose 059W006 and the Product Code for the Lumia 930 is RM-1045

Here is the Tutorial detailing how to flash the ROM (Firmware) on your Lumia

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2668005

I followed the instructions in this Tutorial to the letter. The only tricky bit was getting the phone into the correct mode to click on "Retry" in order to flash the ROM. It took some fiddling, but the best way to do this is to keep your phone connected by USB to your computer, power off your phone, and very quickly power it on by holding the down volume button and power button together, and as soon as you hear the short vibrate, click on the “Retry” button on your computer screen (you have to be very quick about this!!)

After that, I installed all the updates (well, I set the phone to automatically install all updates) and it took quite a while, but I finally have DENIM and I have enabled “Hey Cortana”!!!

DISCLAIMER: Follow these steps at your own risk! Flashing the ROM of your phone may negate any warranties that you have. Read the Disclaimer at the beginning of the Tutorial. Only undertake this operation if you are a Techie Junkie (like me!)

michael-r4
I Plan to Stick Around

I to own a Lumia 930 purchased from Omega Cell,, Mine is a HK Country Variant so ne need to flash my device,,I happened to get my hands on the limited black gold device for the same price,,So far so great

Serghei
I'm Here A Lot

This is the spec from gsmarena.com fro Nokia Lumia 930,  new  Microsoft Lumia 940, Nokia Lumia 920

Lumia 930                                               MS Lumia 940                                      Lumia 920                    

LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800) - RM-821
     LTE band 4(1700/2100), 17(700) - RM-820 (AT&T)  

If the spec is right, all phones have the same LTE bands. Since Lumia 920 works on Rogers other two Lumia 930 and MS Lumia 940 should work as well.  

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats