Nokia Lumia 920 sound issues.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Nokia Lumia 920 sound issues.

I had my phone for about 2 weeks before I noticed an issue with any music played on it, it would skip and "crack". It didn't matter if it was played on Youtube or downloaded, so I sent it away to be "fixed". about a week later I get my phone back, but the problem still persists but now only when it's played louder than 20/30 volume...anyone have a fix to this?

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 920 sound issues.

Is this with headphones, internal speakers, or both? Is it with all noise when the volume level's above 20? Have you tried a hard reset in Settings>about>reset your phone?

I'm Here A Lot

Nokia Lumia 920 sound issues

My phone microphone stopeed working, I did a factory reset, still the same issue. Sent it out for repair but when it came back still the same issue. I can't afford to send out my phone for repair agaib because a big part of my job is to recieve and reply emails from my clients. I called Rogers, they don't have a refurbished phone either. WTF? WHt am I supposed to do?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 21empark

Which color Lumia 920 do you have? Have you tried contacting Nokia Tech support? They are most likely able to help you a bit more. Also the reason whyRogers does not have any in stock is because it could be on limited stock from Nokia. Depending what color you have as well.

I Plan to Stick Around

I had a similar issue with my microphone/speakers a while back. Do you have Skype installed? If so, uninstall it and reinstall it to get a clean copy of the latest version, which hasn't had issues for me.

I'm Here A Lot

It's black, I noticed something last night, people can't hear me talk normally, but when I plug my heaphones in ( witout the headset) peolp can hear me clearly, doesn't seem to be hardware issue them, may be some app messing with the phone microphone?

I'm Here A Lot

YEs I have skype insyalled, what are you suggesting, reinstall it or just not use it anymore ?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 21empark

Try to do what Entegy said. Uninstall the app & then re install the app. It should work after.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I did, still the same thing.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello 21empark

At this point, it would be best to contact Nokia Canada & see what they can do for you.