Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nokia Lumia 900 Windows Phone -- anyone getting weekly updates?

I would not believe what a store rep says. Go read the iPhone 4S reservations thread and the Samsung galaxy S 2 LTE reservation thread and see how many people got lied to and given the wrong info from the store reps. They know nothing until the week or few days beforw the launch. This is something even some store reps say them selfs.

I would love for it to come out soon also. I an going to wait. The cyan comes out tho
I Plan to Stick Around

Ya called the rep and they have no clue .. this is not a 'god phone' but for $99 this is good phone 😄 

I Plan to Stick Around

I called in and got the same.  Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

@Anirask wrote:

Just walked out of a store about an hour ago and asked the rep about the Lumia 900.

He rattled off the "Exclusive to Rogers yadda yadda....  April 20th."

He could be right but using some common sense, I'd think Rogers deadline to preorder on the contest would be closer to that date if that were the case. I'm guessing (hoping) a week earlier.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@John. Most reps either give out the wrong info or just want to give a date so the customer does not ask him again & again. Remember the reps at the store can give out any info as long as they do not get caught giving the right answer in front of the company.

The deadline for the pre order is nothing. They gave us deadlines to pre order other phones & we waited a good month until they finally started to release the phone. Hopefully Rogers does not make that mistake agian & release the Lumia 900 within a week or so. It's April the 4th today s hopefully by next week Rogers will say something.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix: Very true but then again most phones don't have a contest like the one attached to the Nokia 900. Of course that doesn't take into last minute issues or the vendors ability to fulfill the order. There are always potential delays but based on the US release and the deadline for the contest, I'll still hope for around April 10 Smiley Very Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Also with that said, looks like they changed the status on the device. So still hoping for around an April 10 release 🙂

Nokia Lumia 900

Order Information
Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you.
I Plan to Stick Around

@John555 wrote:
Also with that said, looks like they changed the status on the device. So still hoping for around an April 10 release 🙂

Nokia Lumia 900

Order Information
Shipping process has begun. Additional changes cannot be made. An email with shipping details has been/will be sent to you.

Same here !!!! Excited !!!! ... Lets continue to keep each other posted 😄

I Plan to Stick Around

Same here. Not sure what it means though. I called customer care and was told that it basically means nothing and as they have no release date or stock "the release isn't imminent". Does anyone have any experience of previous pre-orders/reservations? Maybe the time lapse between "in progress" and ready for pick up could indicate how long we'll have to wait?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

If you read the iPhone 4S reservation thread & the Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE reservation thread you will see how many people got the same exact answer from all the reps they spoke to. The reps just give us answers we want to hear or give the wrong info. Also i have had experience with the iPhone 4S & S2 LTE with the reservation. You will be IN PROGRESS for about a week or 2 depending when they will actually launch the phone. Once its shipped it might take 3-5 business days to get to the store. Once the store has it, they will call you & tell you. Also once its shipped you will get a email saying that its been shipped & you will get a tracking number for the device & track it via UPS.