Nokia Lumia 710

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nokia Lumia 710

Hi, i bought a Nokia Lumia 710 at Rogers in 2012. Till now it worked fine. Just one day it stopped charging and could not power it on. Bought a new Battery on Amazon, still no difference. It powers on until the Nokia name shows on the screen, and then shuts down. Any solutions for this problem?

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Nokia Lumia 710

Hi @d-braun,

Welcome to the Community Forums!

This seems like a hardware issue to me. I found a similar question posted on Microsoft.com here

Community, please feel free to chime in :).

Thanks,

RogersHassam

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@d-braun

Welcome to the forums!

Did you update the phone or install windows 10 on it? Or are you still using Windows 8?

A couple other things to consider bear with me here...

Was the battery completely dead or below 20% battery life when you charged it? Did you use the charger that came with the phone or just one you had lying around. Its wierd I know, but I have experienced charging issues on my Nokia 920 with a non Nokia charger when the battery was 20% and below. My phone was completley dead and when I tried to charge it with a charger I got on eBay for $10 it wouldn't charge at all. I had to use my official nokia charger to get it charging again.

If that doesn't work you can always try hooking your phone up to your computer and try using the software recovery tool.

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-software-recovery-tool-available

also a youtube link just in case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrXfMP7VU4

I've had to use the recovery tool in the past before and it should work even if your phone has bricked.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

B

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, it's still on Windows 7. So far i haven't found any solution yet. My PC doesn't rcognize or find my Phone when i Plug the USb Cable to the PC and Phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@d-braun\

Wow windows 7! thats cool!

Sounds to me like it might be time for an upgrade. If the software recovery doesn't work on it (I don't think it does for windows 7 devices) and it won't turn on or be detected by the computer, it is probably done.

😞

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had the Phone checked at the Technician here in Belize. They say the Motherboard is not good anymore. I'm wondering if i can buy a new Motherboard, or if the Motherboard is as much as buying a new Phone?