Nokia Lumia 635

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nokia Lumia 635

This low end Lumia handset will be coming to both Rogers and Telus soonish. This is the LTE varfiant of the 630 thats already available in Europe. Pretty crappy for Canadian Carries once again.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 635

I just bought a Nokia 635 from a local Rogers outlet.  My 920 started having more issues after having lost the ability to hear calls unless it was on speaker.   Then it started having issues with people being able to hear me while on speaker.  I first suspected that it was because it got wet, but I took it to a newly opened phone repair shop who verified that it had no water damage. 

As it was out of warranty, I was originally going to buy a refurbished 920 from Rogers, but there were issues which i won't get into.  

Anyway, the 635 was cheaper than a refurbished 920.  I have to say, I love it.  It's a really impressive phone for the price.  I wanted to continue to have a Windows phone and now the situation is resolved and I didn't have to sign a new two year contract.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lainS

Seems like the carriers don't really want to support it and bring the low end models. Hopefully they bring the flagship sometime.

This device doesn't seem that bad tho realistically.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it's a pretty sweet budget phone I have to say, I can see this under the pre-paid phones which would be good for some (like my brother who's still using an old flip phone from 2004 lol)

Everyone wants the high end stuff but it's not every customer that needs it, there needs to be a balance between low, mid and high tier phones.

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The fact that Windows and for that matter, Android offer low end phones is probably why IOS has stopped gaining and started losing in some markets.   Whether it's Brazil or Canada there are students, kids or somebody's mother that either doesn't need a big high end phone or can't afford one.  IOS can't service that client very well.   Android does it well because they are Google and Google doesn't sell software, they sell advertising.    Windows is in between IOS and Android on that front.   It's a good thing that they have two or three models to choose from.  In fact I which they had more.  Perhaps a high medium and low end.  It would make sense to allow upgrades rather than the one size fits all mentality of IOS.   Since neither Apple or Windows are in the same business as Google, they will never be able to compete on price alone.   Windows need to compete on price and security.   Apple can only offer security and their loyal following.    The fact is that all three have well developed operating systems that seem to work well for the people that use them.  

Since I wasn't in the Apple crowd already but I wanted something a little more secure than an Android my choice was simple; Windows Phone.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The firmware is now on Navifirm for the Rogers 635, so i would imagine release is coming soon, this will be Canada's first WP 8.1 device.RM-975 is the model

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nokia Canada has just posted to Facebook that the 635 will be in stores (very) soon, im kinda of hoping that when they mean stores it will be direct and unlocked.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just bought a Nokia 635 from a local Rogers outlet.  My 920 started having more issues after having lost the ability to hear calls unless it was on speaker.   Then it started having issues with people being able to hear me while on speaker.  I first suspected that it was because it got wet, but I took it to a newly opened phone repair shop who verified that it had no water damage. 

As it was out of warranty, I was originally going to buy a refurbished 920 from Rogers, but there were issues which i won't get into.  

Anyway, the 635 was cheaper than a refurbished 920.  I have to say, I love it.  It's a really impressive phone for the price.  I wanted to continue to have a Windows phone and now the situation is resolved and I didn't have to sign a new two year contract.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Are there any updated comments on the 635?   My son's 520 has all but stopped functioning and is in need of a replacement.  The 8 series is too expensive for him and the 7 series isn't offered in Canada yet.   That means that the only real replacement for him in Windows is the 635.    Is it any good?  Is it better than the 520?   Both seem very light (cheap in my view) compared to my 920 but how is it in real world use? 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the 635 since release in the US. Also have the 520.

The 635 is a slightly better build than the 520 and also slightly bigger.

I use the 635 for when I am travlleing in the States and have found that it does great. If you are replacing a 520 this is a definite upgrade.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So far so good with the phone itself.  The only issue I've had is that Internet Explorer freezes a lot.