Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

My 1520 has been awesome from day 1! It's fast, the battery life is incredible (went down a bit with the 8.1 preview, but I still have usually 40-50% left at the end of the day), and having the MicroSD card slot on it has been very handy. I have a 128GB MicroSD in it right now with my entire music library, works well, now just waiting for Microsoft to make Xbox Music usable.

I haven't had any issues with any apps. Most apps now are updated for the 1080p display, and those that don't I can hardly tell unless I'm really paying attention. the 8.1 dev preview though looks beautiful on it, and having the 5 quick access buttons in the Action Center is very handy.

I haven't had too many issues with the size. it fits in the pocket of all my jeans and shorts, and the large screen is great for pictures and video. I can also fit all my important apps on the screen without scrolling so I use live tiles for apps quite a bit. The only con with the size of the screen is the size itself. I have average size hands, and I can use the 1520 with one hand, but I have to juggle it in my hand to reach the other side of the screen with my thumb. If it was 5.3" or even 5.5" I think one those would be the perfect size for me.

No issues using it on Rogers either, I'm getting full LTE speeds and have no issues with texts, data, or mms.

Overall I'm extremely happy with it, and if Rogers would have offered it I would have instantly bought it through them. It's a shame they don't too because everyone I show the phone to is extremely impressed and intrigued.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The 2520 Tablet is now up for preorder on Expansys as well as the Lumia 630.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello lainS

I was about to post that too lol. Great to see they put up the pre orders for it
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm actually getting my 2520 this week, there's one on sale at a Ebay Store for 380$ CND or 350$ USD. IT CAN'T SHIP FAST ENOUGH haha! Getting rid of my iPad mini for this baby 😉

However it seems that the Power keyboard has problems according to reviews from multiple sites. They're actually two drivers for the keyboard strangely enough, the sides seems to open up like if it was just glued together. keyboard won't work at all in some cases.
Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Alright so I have the verizon lumia 2520 for a week now and I must say, it's the best tablet I ever have. If you don't need any x86 programs then this is perfect. My only complains are the charging port is a 3.5mm port..... the same as the audio port so it can get confusing as to which port to insert it too. Second complaint is holding it... the edges feel sharp so you can't exāctly hold it for a long time.

Now I'm thinking of getting a lte plan for it, it supports Rogers right? Verizon Lumia 2520 supports 4 and 13 LTE network bands. If not then what carrier supports it?

Proud Windows Phone Ambassador, got a Windows Phone question? I can probably answer.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Where did you purchase the 1520?
Highlighted
I've Been Around

am a big fan of the lumia range but so frustrated that Rogers doesnt bring those phones we want L1520 L930. I called Rogers to complain and saying that they push their customers to android and iphone devices. All the country in Europe Australia even New Zealand have those, why Canada not.

what we have to do to have those phones is simply call them and talk to a supervisor or director. If we are a lot like ourself we want those cell phone they will have to satisy us, because customers are the Gas of the company. So come on!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I feel your pain but if the next lumia flagship is coming this fall. Then it would actually wise to wait three or four months for it. It's probably the reason why they won't carry the 930. As for the 2520 however I have no clue. But I'm loving mine 😛

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello everyone,

I am currently using HTC 8X Windows Phone. I would like to upgrade to a better Windows Phone.

I have found the Nokia Lumia 1520, it has very good review and it's design is gorgeous.

Unfortunatly, the phone isn't offer in rogers smartphones list (like all the other WP8.1 devices).

I would like to know if I buy it, am I going to be able to use it with rogers?

Thanks for your help,

Alex

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello w8_alexz

You will need to get the Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-937 or the RM-937 model which the 937 is the ATT model. Those work on the Canadian carriers.