Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Hello kataylor

Best thing to do is buy it outright if you have the money. Sadly Rogers and no other Canadian carrier is going to release it from what i and others have seen and heard. Its a bad decision to do that as many of us want and like the phone. Make sure if u do go with another carrier, read reviews and Check them out before signing a contract.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you I will buy one and probably use another carrier
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kataylor

You are welcome.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have also just noticed there is a canadian retail rom for the rm-938 1520 on nokia's servers, maybe is a sign they they are still working out a deal or Nokia just chose to make the unbranded rom for Canada.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello IainS

It could well be a unbranded ROM for Canada as they know people bough them full price & are using them with Canadian carriers. If they release the 1520 now, not many will buy it seeing as if they really wanted one, they would have bought it outright like we all did here.Some might be won't be as much as they would think as the device has been out for a few months now. Most would have bought it online or would have bought the 1020 from Rogers & waiting for the 8.1 update.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

The unicorn has been spotted!!

Omegacell carries the (apparently) recently released RM-938 aka 1520.3!!  This has all the right bands for LTE and 4G (and also future LTE 700MHz) for the Big Three, and also 4G (HSPA+) on certain *cough* smaller carriers.  YES!  Got my yellow 1520 yesterday and am loving it!!!

It appears to originate from Mexico.  The default language when first booted was Spanish, and the included manuals and materials state Mexico.  The default included keyboards include Portugese and Spanish.

NOTE: Don't uninstall the Spanish keyboard.  Or if you do, reinstall it if you find internet sharing no longer functions.  Others have mentioned the Spanish keyboard trick was needed to get tethering to work on T-Mo in the US.

Cheers! Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello wpfan

That's good to hear! Thanks for the share!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Also for those who want to actually get LTE on the european phones you will need a rom that has lte enabled. I beleive all roms from Mexico will not give you a choice to even choose lte as your connection, Malaysian roms will give you lte on 2600 band for rogers as well as some others. I would be interested in the one you got from mexico if you can actually get lte here using the default rom that comes with the phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

do you get lte on the phone?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello IainS

I heard about this from my buddy. The mexican ones like you said do not get and have LTE on their roms. We was explaining it too me as someone else at worked asked him about it.

Remember always give a warning when giving this information out as if they do add this ROM, the warranty ends. So always put that so the users are aware of this.

On my 1520? yea i do.