Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Telus launched the last flagship from Nokia, the 1020 as well as Rogers, so there is no more exclusivity with Rogers/Nokia.

Either Nokia Canada didn't offer these devices to the Canadian carriers, or simply the majority of the Canadian carriers passed on the products which is why it's not launching in Canada.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

They did after Rogers did if i am not mistaken. Even if they did the same time, Nokia has a thing of always going with Rogers which is ruining it for them. Rogers does nothing to show off Windows platform other then tooting that they were first to bring it out. That's all
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

And that's why telus launched the 1020 at the same time, but it hasn't changed anything. Microsoft has to start investing in marketing in Canada to make windows phone more successful. Hopefully since they purchased nokia that will change things.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

Agreed.. Microsoft and Nokia both really need to start marketing the Windows phone line better and and stronger in Canada if they want more sells. The Lumia 1520 is a amazing phone so far and its really sad how still they haven't released it here in Canada. I wonder what's the hold up as Rogers can't be at fault anymore seeing as no other carrier is releasing it in Canada.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello,

I still have a Nokia N8 - works fine.  But I want to upgrade - I am interested in the Lumia 1520.  From what I have read it will work on Rogers.  Omega Cell and Expandsys sell them.  Anyone else?  What should I be paying?  I would like the 32GB model.  Since I have never put my hands on one I have no idea of a comparison.  Anyone able to post a picture of an N8 beside a Lumia 1520?  I fear this thing is huge.

I did put a Galaxy Note 3 in my pockets and it fit well.

I am hesitant to buy a phone I have not yet handled and they not coming to Canada.....

Thanks!

Mr. V

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vivekvp

If you already put a Note 3 in your pocket and it fit well, you won't have a issue as the Note 3 is bigger then the Lumia 1520.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@vivekvp wrote:

Hello,

I still have a Nokia N8 - works fine.  But I want to upgrade - I am interested in the Lumia 1520.  From what I have read it will work on Rogers.  Omega Cell and Expandsys sell them.  Anyone else?  What should I be paying?  I would like the 32GB model.  Since I have never put my hands on one I have no idea of a comparison.  Anyone able to post a picture of an N8 beside a Lumia 1520?  I fear this thing is huge.

I did put a Galaxy Note 3 in my pockets and it fit well.

I am hesitant to buy a phone I have not yet handled and they not coming to Canada.....

Thanks!

Mr. V

Hey! I would suggest taking a look at this seller on ebay: link

A hand full of us on this forum have bought from this seller (including myself) and we all had a great experience, and it's the cheapest I've found. If you read through the last 10-20 pages in this thread, you will see many of us have posted our impressions of the phone and where we bought them from, including our thoughts on the size. At the end of the day, this is a huge phone (bigger than the note) and that really should be the reason you are buying it (that's why I did, and I love it!). I'd suggest looking up the dimensions and cutting out a piece of cardboard that size so you can get a feel for how big it is.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

For those that have purchased a 1520 RM-937 (international vers), are you able to get LTE speeds? It's missing AWS 1700/2100 pair, just has 2100. My area doesn't have LTE Max on 2600.

The alternative is AT&T RM-940 but half the storage and no QI charging, and the hardware branding is a dealbreaker for me. I would either get the RM-937 and settle for HSPA if necessary, or stick with my 920 and wait it out for the nextgen and hope for a compatible phone then!

If only we could get our hands on RM-938! Let's start a kickstarter to raise funds to demand and purchase a minimum order from Elop Nokia!!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I finally gave up on Rogers. Ordered a red RM-937 from Omegacell. I live in northern Manitoba where we don't have LTE anyways, Rogers piggy backs off MTS for HSPA+ / LTE in Manitoba and there is only AWS(1700/2100Mghz) LTE so I will not get LTE in the South either. Did notice Omegacell is listing unlocked AT&T RM-938's for sale in White and Red. It is only the 16gb version and of course has no Qi wireless charging. Did notice that version has 700mhz LTE which may make it more future proof once carriers roll out 700Mhz service now that the auctions are done. I will probably be ready for a new phone when that happens. About a year and a half ago my wife and I moved to Rogers because MTS had crappy phone selection. We got 920's and my wife has upgraded to a 1020. Without Rogers getting the 1520 and me having to pay full price for it they have lost the advantage for us. We have moved back to MTS. With a $60 unlimited data plan (speeds  throttled after 11gb) within Manitoba and 10% off for bringing our own phones it was better then Rogers. Plus since we have home phone, internet and 2 smartphones with them we get a$43.50 a month bundle discount for having 4 services with them. Hopefully it arrives this week and I can go down and grab a nano sim. Looking forward to the upgrade from the 920 and with Rogers 920's taking so long to get the Lumia Black update glad I am moving to a phone that is not slowed down update wise by carrier testing and approvals.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello win7463

It was said by me & other users that Rogers had said they wouldn't bring the Lumia 1520 here for us. Sad part is they are losing alot of money because of this. I did speak to a Rogers manager at head office ( Sales division) & they said the Lumia 1520 would not sell as much due to it being big :/. I just laughed & said "Really? That is why your community forums there is a thread with 25 pages worth of users asking for it?"

View solution in original post