Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garysevan
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Just found this...

As usual, the Nokia phones first come at AT&T network and this time would not be different as rumors claimed. It is reported that Nokia Lumia 1520 will be released on October 22 and arrive in global market include Canada on November 8.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello garysevan

That is what is said but no Canadian carrier has released any info at all that they will carrier it. Its November 5th so 3 more days until the 8th. Doubt it will be released on the 8th here.
charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

Looks like AT&T is getting the nokia lumia 1520 on Nov 15th.

i will be disappointed if rogers isn't getting the phone on the same day or at least close to it. 

i know a bunch or people that want it as well so rogers will definitely get some new subscribers if they get it on time.

garysevan
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello to  you,

And, yes, there's no shortage of statements and opinions and such out there as to the Lumia 1520 being released in Canada. I definitely want this phone. My original was a Lumia 920 and I liked, a LOT, the hardware and the Windows Phone O/S but gave the phone to a lady friend and bought, in its place, a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I definitely wanted the larger display and was willing to try the Android O/S. I discovered that while I really liked the size of the display I really DISLIKED (1) the fact that the display could not be used with gloves on [ I'm a cyclist ], (2) the display was almost unreadable outdoors in sunlight, (3) the Android O/S in general and (4) the phone's physical Home button [ much preferring the Lumia's virtual buttons ]. The 1520 IS coming to Rogers according to 'teaser statements' on Facebook. It will be the perfect phone for me! SO looking forward to it!

Akaz1976
I've Been Here Awhile

What teaser statement?
JPSavard
I Plan to Stick Around

What teaser?

lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure what to do now. I've been until the impression Rogers has not been interested in getting the 1520. But my gut tells me they will... eventually.

I pre-ordered the international unlocked 32GB 1520 (with built in Qi Wireless charging unlike the AT&T model) but paid a hefty price for it. In fact so much that I feel guilty about it lol. It's also supposedly in stock and shipping around the 25th of Nov. However, I'd much rather have it from Rogers because I can just upgrade for a quarter of the price I paid. But my concerns are I don't know when it will arrive on Rogers. And secondly, I don't know if they will be like AT&T and trim the storage to 16GB and lose the wireless charging features. So now I'm expecting this international model and I don't really know what kind of service to expect with it. This one comes with the following bands:

2G Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900
3G Network HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100
4G Network LTE 800/900/1800/2100/2600

So I'm a bit torn.. Do I keep my overpriced pre-order in case Rogers takes a month maybe more or trims the features like AT&T? Or do I cancel it in hopes that it's out  in a few weeks? Hmm.

BTW, I read today that someone was told by a 3rd party Rogers employee that Rogers will be getting the 1520 before the end of the month or 1st week of Dec. But I feel like we would have heard something official by now if this were the case.

yogaboy905
I Plan to Stick Around

So I called Rogers over the weekend about the 1520, here's what they said. The technician said he doesn't know anything about it, I asked him to check with his manager and same thing. Then I asked him to transfer me to a product manager and they put me on to a guy in the sales department. He doesn't know when or if its coming, he checked the databases and indicated it's not on any list and he knew nothing about what may be coming in the next month or so - then he pitched me to take a good look at the Nokia 1020. I told him I'm looking to buy from Rogers or go to Buffalo to pick one up on Thanksgiving day. No info, no luck, no joy. I think Rogers has too large an inventory of 1020's and don't want to tell anybody anything until their inventory reduces. This sucks
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello yogaboy905

You can't speak to a product manager. They don't allow customers to speak to the product manager. The product manager only speaks to customer if they are going live to say something or asks for questions. Also regular reps have no idea when or if a phone will be released until a few days before or if Rogers randomly announces the phone. So all in all, no one is to blame but head of Rogers here. If they don't want to carry the device or announce it, its up to them really. In the end, they will announce it when Nokia and Rogers want too and decide on a day. The reps like i said will find out last about it.
grapemanca
I Plan to Stick Around

I too would love to trade up my Nokia 920 (which I love) for a Nokia 1520 (which I crave). My biggest question is whether or not it will be the full international version (32 gb memory, built-in Qi charging) or the crippled American version (16gb; no Qi charging). If the latter, I'll stick w/ my 920.