Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Would it be possible to buy a No Contract Nokia Lumia 1520 for AT&T from the US Microsoft store, then buy an unlock code?

The 1520 is currently $449 USD at the US Microsoft store.

I think the AT&T version should work ok on rogers network? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jptbay

Yes as ATT have the same 3G,4G & LTE frequencies as Rogers does. So yes it shall work as long as you input the Rogers LTE APN.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I guess the downfall to the AT&T version, is only 16 GB storage, and no wireless charging.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jptbay

Honestly i do not see the big deal about wireless charging. I see the point of you leaving it on a bad to charge without plug it in but you can not use it while you are wirelessly charging it. You can use it when its plugged in charging tho.

As for the 16GB i do see that point. I wish manufactures would put 32GB or 64GB on their high end models & keep 16GB for the mid or low end. 16GB isn't enough.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am very very disappointed that rogers is not releasing this phone Cat Sad

I wanted a windows phone so bad so I called up to see if I could do an early upgrade to get the 1020, but was told my month bill will greatly increase with new 2-year term.

looks like my only option here is to buy an unlocked 1520 and go with wind Cat Frustrated I am just a little confused with the bands @_@ My question is, If I oder a lumia 1520 RM-938 LTE AWS from omegacell, will it work on wind mobile?

bye bye rogers

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Been a while since I visited this thread and was surprised to see it's a 35 pages in length now! Also very funny to see how the top trending threads in the Windows Phone section are all for phones NOT offered by Rogers lol.

You think that might show that there's some interest but I guess that's not enough for them. Not getthing the 1520 in my opinion was a huge mistake. Same thing goes for if the decide to pass on the 930 (which won't shock me if they do).

Guess Rogers has cancelled their support for Windows Phone.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Taked with Nokia today and they wont give specifics, but they are working on bringing new phones to Canada with unspecified carrier/s.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hello,

i am headed to the US in June.  i plan to buy a  Lumia 1520 or Lumia 930.  if they available.  i am staying on rogers.  i would like to use LTE.  

What should i look for for best compatibility.

What version of phone?  rm xxx?

any suggestions?

thanks

mr. v

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hi meowmix,

so i am stuck with the 16 gb version, or will a 32 gb one work?

offtopic how do you feel about nokia X?

many thanks for your bountiful help!