Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

This sucks that Rogers is not getting this phone. I have checked everyday since the release hoping it will show up.

Now that I know it is not coming I am going to wait for the cyan or green one to come out.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/7671/nokia-lumia-1520-leaks-in-green-and-cyan.html

If it doesn't come out, then I will wait for the next Nokia 1520 (Nokia 1525?)

No point of paying $650 for a 3 month old phone now.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello win7463

It was said by me & other users that Rogers had said they wouldn't bring the Lumia 1520 here for us. Sad part is they are losing alot of money because of this. I did speak to a Rogers manager at head office ( Sales division) & they said the Lumia 1520 would not sell as much due to it being big :/. I just laughed & said "Really? That is why your community forums there is a thread with 25 pages worth of users asking for it?"

i agree their excuses don't add up. Maybe Rogers was never interested in promoting Windows Phone the way they should have. Nokia didn't give them an exclusive on the 1020. Surprised Telus didn't pick up the 1520, wonder how many people would have left for Telus if they did. Bet you Rogers would have announced they were getting the 1520 if Telus did. With my $43.50 a month bundle discount with MTS and saving money on the plan by bringing my own phone.I will save more then enough to purchase my own phones and just stick with MTS.

I Plan to Stick Around

if they don't want to sell it, fine.  I would prefer the Canadian Microsoft store would sell it so I could buy an unlocked warrantied phone.

Rogers will still happily keep me as a paying customer.

Mr. V

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vivekvp

That is something Microsoft and Nokia has to agree on. I know Sony doesn't do it unless the device is with a Canadian carrier. It would be nice if Sony and Microsoft would do it for us.
I've Been Here Awhile

My contract for Nokia Lumia 900 now ended, and I want to get new phone, but what should I do? I already have Nokia 920 (upgraded on my own price recently). 1020 is nice but except camera that sticks out this is the same as 920. 1520 is something I want, but ROGERS does not bring it to Canada, and I don't want to pay $600-800 for the unlocked phone that does not have LTE even. So what is the choice? Ditch ROGERS once and forever? Maybe. I need to think. I want Nokia 1520, but they don't have it. What other options I have? Wait for WP 8.1 maybe, but now they say it will be late this year, not soon anyway. One thing for sure - never switching to iPhone or Android. Too many of those phones around already 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello alexgarin

What's the point of ditching Rogers tho? They are only not carrying this device and no other Canadian carrier is carrying it either. If you really want the device, the only option you have is like what we all just did, paid full price and got the phone. Also wrong. If you go on the sites linked above and in other pages in this thread, u will see the ones that most of us bought, is the LTE version.

It does suck Rogers isn't bringing it. It is a awesome device and i am sure they would have made alot of people happy.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello alexgarin

What's the point of ditching Rogers tho? They are only not carrying this device and no other Canadian carrier is carrying it either. If you really want the device, the only option you have is like what we all just did, paid full price and got the phone. Also wrong. If you go on the sites linked above and in other pages in this thread, u will see the ones that most of us bought, is the LTE version.

It does suck Rogers isn't bringing it. It is a awesome device and i am sure they would have made alot of people happy.

Thinking he my have meant it doesn't have full LTE support, only 2600 Mhz. Got my Red RM-937 and loving it on HSPA+.Just found a seller on ebay selling the RM-938 http://www.ebay.com/itm/291082423595 as well as the RM-937, from Hong Kong with a 97.1% positive rating. That model has AWS on HSPA and LTE so would work on T-Mobile in the states as well as Wind mobile in Canada.

I'm Here A Lot

I got a prompt for a firmware update on February 28, 2014!

Firmware build: 1028.3562.1402.0003

I noticed that the random screen brightness change issue is fixed.

However, the touch/tap sensitivity screen issue still remains.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RareFX

I have heard the same over at Windows central & other forums. It seems to be a issue that may not get fixed or take a longer time to get fixed sadly.
I've Been Here Awhile

I currently have a Lumia 920 and I love it. I want to upgrade to the Lumia 1520 but Rogers is not releasing it. It is a great phone and people love using it. I am very disappointed about Rogers decision and I am considering not renewing with Rogers. I may get an unlocked version and I would go to another carrier.