Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael-r4
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

I also purchased a Nokia 1520 from another source,,Rogers really messed up brining in the Nokia 1020 knowing all well the Nokia 1520  was just aroung the corner, The 1020 is a great camera with a phone,,Rogers should have seen this coming,,,Phablets are here to stay and the 1520 is a perfect blend of phone and camera ,,,Not the other way around,,,Like who needs 40 mg camera,,20 mg is more the enough and the 6 inch HD screen is amazing,,And yes all my Rogers App's work just fine so anyone worried ? Don't be !!!!! Buying my phone elsewere worked out better for me anyways,, No silly Rogers bloatware,,As well i hate that Rogers splash screen,, I don't need to be reminded more than once a month i'm a Rogers loyal customer,,( Bill due date )  And when traveling i pop in a another sim's and i am good to go,,

michael-r4
I Plan to Stick Around

One last point,,Having a Nokia 150 unlocked sim free i will never have to wait for carrier approval on any future updates,,Windows 8.1 is just around the corner and i wil get it when it's released from Micosoft  and not when a provider decides to push it out,,Thats the luxury of owning a unlocked version of any hardware

Smartswine
I Plan to Stick Around

actually it’s a very good idea michael-r4! all manufacturers should start selling their handsets directly; that will allow better hardware support and more pricing options; carriers on the other hand don’t need to be in the ‘mortgage’ business, instead they should concentrate the efforts on wireless services innovation
lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys,

Been a while since I've visited this thread. Enjoying my 1520 a little too much perhaps these days lol Smiley Wink

But I came to deliver some unfortunate news for any remaining hopefuls about the 1520 coming to Rogers. Doesn't seem like it's going to happen- ever.

I met with a product manager of Rogers headoffice mobile division yesterday. We had a good chat about phones of course. She recieves tons of demo phones and actually sold me a new 920 for a friend. She said her daily driver was an S4 (boooo!). She asked what phone I had and I popped out my 1520. She knew immediatley what phone it was (I would have been shocked if she didn't). And she was just like "Oh... Okay." I asked if Rogers would be carrying it down the road and she no. I asked if there was even any consider towards getting it and she said yes. However, they came to agreement that the phone was "too big for most people's hands". Wow I said.. I said "What about the Note 3! It's almost the same size!". She was like "I know, I know.. but it's what we decided.". She didn't comment on what WP's would come to Rogers next but I assume an 8.1 device is most likely now.

Sorry all you hopefuls.. But if I were you I'd just buy the phone from another source if you really want the device!

garysevan
I Plan to Stick Around

To guys and gals who've bought the Global [ RM-937 ] version of the Lumia 1520 and are on the Rogers network...

What's your experience using [ Rogers One Number ] on the phone?

Thanks for any/all input.

michael-r4
I Plan to Stick Around

Every app works great..Had my phone three weeks and never had any issue.. One thing I do notice it pops in and out of LTE from 4G more than my 920.. Maybe I just noticed the icon more being the screen is sooooo much bigger...lol

garysevan
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree that the Lumia 1520 is an awesome phone. But for some reason on mine I'm having issues with the Rogers One Number app. I visited my local Rogers Plus outlet today to make some enquires and the staff spent half an hour with me and none of them could figure out why the Rogers One Number app. won't function on my phone. A total mytstery so far. Still working on it.

Mikkie
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there anybody in the Rogers universe that can tell me when I can get  the Nokia  1520

@IainS wrote:

Any news on when Rogers will be getting these deices. I have noticed that the 1520 has already past thru certification for Canada with Rogers LTE bands. Please dont keep as hanging on a string Rogers like you did with the 1020.

lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

@Mikkie wrote:

Is there anybody in the Rogers universe that can tell me when I can get  the Nokia  1520

It's not coming to Rogers.
garysevan
I Plan to Stick Around

For any who might be interested...

Found out that the Rogers One Number App. is only fully functional on Windows Phones purchased from Rogers. The App. is functiionally limited on Windows Phones not carried by Rogers. The OmegaCell Lumia 1520 [ RM-937 ] Variant as an example.

And as it is that I wanted a texting App. that offers a web client so's I can text from either my Smartphone or my Notebook I visited the Windows Phone Canada site and found the ideal candidate...