Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Navillus
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

@mdomod wrote:

Hi Nav, although the seller from the link indicates that the device is coming from the USA, this is actually the current routing path I'm seeing... Not that there would be anything wrong with the device or maybe the 2-4 days shipping time would even be achieved but it shows (also regarding the 'wrong color' phone I got) that getting the device from an online auction adds some uncertainties...:

- 

1/09/2014  -  Thursday

3:01 am

In transit

SENNAN-SHI JP

Hey mdomod! According to fedex tracking, my phone seems to be in the exact same position as yours (same times and all). I bet our phones are chilling on the same plane together, haha!  Fedex has a big facility in Singapore, which the seller said they keep some stock of their products at. I would say it makes sense for an international phone like ours to be stored in a place like Singapore. Fedex runs a Boeing 777 from Singapore to Osaka Japan, and then on to Memphis (Memphis being Fedex's big American hub). The last check in for our phones was Sennan-shi, which is in Osaka, so that makes sense. They are probably in flight to Memphis right now. It's a shame our phones weren't in Memphis from the start like they said they were, as it's taking all this extra time just to get to Memphis. That said, the 2-4 day shipping time still seems perfectly reasonable (weather permitting). I'm thinking I'll get mine after 3 days, which is certainly solid for free shipping (I really hope I'm not jinxing myself here...).

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello weetigo

While that is true, doesn't mean Rogers will get it. It could mean tho that maybe bell or Telus may get it or no one will. Who knows.

The issue is Nokia Canada seems to be controlled by the carriers. It doesn't say anything until the carrier announces something.

Yeah, I agree with that as well, but maybe I'm just bitter cause I just ordered mine online, haha. I also don't see anything that indicates that it is the RM-938. It still won't have wireless charging, so it's probably just as likely to be a modified version of the RM-940 to have more memory. Meowmix, have you ordered yours yet?

@lundon44 wrote:

Perhaps the 1520 is too "niche" for them. But then again, if that were the case why would they carry the 1020...

Maybe that's a lesson they learned with the 1020, which would really be too bad if true. I haven't heard anything official on Rogers 1020 sales, but rumours suggest it hasn't been flying off the shelves.

win7463
I Plan to Stick Around

@ mdomod wrote:

Hi Nav, although the seller from the link indicates that the device is coming from the USA, this is actually the current routing path I'm seeing... Not that there would be anything wrong with the device or maybe the 2-4 days shipping time would even be achieved but it shows (also regarding the 'wrong color' phone I got) that getting the device from an online auction adds some uncertainties...:

Was just looking at the listing and this is in the description

Item Location

1. To allow our valued buyers to enjoy a faster delivery time of their package, we haved tied up with the most reputable courier company (FedEx) in the US
2. Our stocks are located at our shipping carrier facility (FedEx) in Memphis, TN and Singapore.
3. FedEx will ship the item at their discretion to your indicated shipping addresses from its either facility to ensure a faster and smooth delivery time.

Not sure if the description has changed since you ordered but as of today it does clearly state that FedEx will ship from either location (Memphis or Singapore) at their discretion. Near the top under shipping it does state item location is Memphis but I guess the seller can not put two locations. Causes confusion but I think the seller cannot avoid that in this case. Interesting to see if it meets the 2 - 4 day time frame.

mdomod
I Plan to Stick Around

Yep, I think I focused more on the 'item location' tab than on all the fine print 😉 I'm not unhappy and it's fine that the device comes from far, that's where they all come from anyway 😉 For the price I would have gotten this one anyway. I'll provide feedback on the final delivery date (FedEX states on the tracking page that the delivery will be 9th of January Smiley Happy )

Navillus
I Plan to Stick Around

@win7463 wrote:
Near the top under shipping it does state item location is Memphis but I guess the seller can not put two locations.

That's a good point. Didn't think about it that way. Definitely too bad that it mislead us a bit, but who cares as long as we get the device in timely fashion! It's also too bad that your purchase got delayed. How's your wife doing? I used to live in Winnipeg, and I sometimes found it hard enough just to get to Winnipeg, nevermind the Manitoban north.

@mdomod wrote:

(FedEX states on the tracking page that the delivery will be 9th of January Smiley Happy )

I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

mdomod
I Plan to Stick Around

oohhh, it's coming.., I can hardly wait ! Smiley Happy

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX60

FDX60 B77L Kansai Int'l (RJBB / KIX) DEP: Thu 03:35AM JST ARR: Wed 11:41PM CST

Navillus
I Plan to Stick Around

@mdomod wrote:

oohhh, it's coming.., I can hardly wait ! Smiley Happy

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX60

FDX60 B77L Kansai Int'l (RJBB / KIX) DEP: Thu 03:35AM JST ARR: Wed 11:41PM CST

Omg, that is too weird! I was literally just looking at that, and then I noticed that you had posted a message. Now that we've found that site, it's perfectly believable we'll get our devices by mid-day tomorrow. You can look into the history of Fedex flights from Memphis to your city. For me, after the flight from Osaka reaches Memphis around midnight, a flight leaves Memphis for Calgary (where I live) around 3:30am (link), and gets in around 9am my time. That's in time for day time delivery baby! Whoo!

Haha, look at us! Getting super stoked! I'm crossing my fingers for you that nothing gets in the way.

mdomod
I Plan to Stick Around

Ohhhhh:

9:22 am

Shipment exception

Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed
MISSISSAUGA, ON
RareFX
I'm Here A Lot

I ordered the red Lumia 1520 RM-937 from OmegaCell on Monday. My order is stuck as "unfulfilled" because apparently they're still out of stock of the red.
Navillus
I Plan to Stick Around

@mdomod wrote:

Ohhhhh:

9:22 am

Shipment exception

Held, cleared regulatory agency(s) after aircraft/truck departed
MISSISSAUGA, ON

Awww, that sucks. Hopefully that still means that they deliver it later today.

I got mine today at 11am. Looks like Fedex's delivery estimation was spot on for me, and luckily I was home. The device is absolutely gorgeous and there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it (right colour too 😉 ). Super stoked!

If anyone is interested in how much I paid, I did not get charged any duty, and I suspect that is because the stated value of the package was quite low. Fedex charged me gst (which again was low), as well as an "ROD" fee, which is bascially because I don't have a fedex account. So, the grand total I paid for everything to get my RM-937 1520 was $671.50 CAD (includes device cost + free shipping + gst + fedex fees + no duty).

@RareFX wrote:
I ordered the red Lumia 1520 RM-937 from OmegaCell on Monday. My order is stuck as "unfulfilled" because apparently they're still out of stock of the red.

I'd tell you to go with the eBay seller I just received my device from because of the great value, but I don't believe he sells the red version of the 1520. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long!

mdomod
I Plan to Stick Around

Cool! Mine is probably there tomorrow.