Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Hello win7463

I will look for it when i get home on the weekend!! 🙂
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a Nokia 920 and I love it.  There is a task app called To do Prime which makes this phone a shopping list, task reminder, organizer , everything.  Its great.

Now I want to get my wife a 1520 and its no where to be found in Canada.  Rogers, what are you doing?

Market this phone. Its better than the iphone could ever be.

My wife is constantly fumbling with her samsung phone.  The icons look great but few really do anything.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello krzlou

As much as i agree with u,  Like i have said on here. Rogers isn't the only one. It takes both Nokia Canada and Rogers to come to a agreement, sign that agreement, start loading the Rogers bloat ware and all on the phone and then release it. This process can take months. The software will be pre loaded with Rogers stuff on it. It may come but it may not come. All comes down on the agreement if they do it.

I will be buying it next week!

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix

Please excuse my ignorance as I really don't understand cell phones well, but how do you get a carrier once you get

a phone. I assume you are buying it online and it is unlocked.  So can you get rogers to sell you a sim card?

Another question is whether the phone is fully suported with LTE ?  

I would also like to know which online store you are going to get yours.  Thanks so much.

krzlou

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello krzlou

The phone that others and i have bought, are factory unlocked and have full LTE on them. The Lumia 1520 i am getting is the one sold at Omega. Online store which sells cellphones.

If u buy a device online, all u need to do is go to a Rogers store or a Rogers authorized dealer and ask to buy a sim card which will cost $9.99+ tax. Activate the sim card on your account and u are all set.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix

You mean Omegacell.com  .  They are in Calgary and no need to cross the border.

I assume you have to add a plan on top of the sim card such as for data and voice. Are you locked in a plan for a year or more or is it a month to month thing?

So what you are saying is that as long as you pay for the phone, there is no need to wait for Rogers to bring it out.

krzlou

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello krzlou

Yes Omegacell. You can just get a pre paid card if u like and use the phone. If u like using a lot of data or minutes and such and want a contract, u can sign a contract with them. Its all up to u.

Yes i have a 2 year term with them with the same plan since 2008. Been with Rogers since 2003.

All i am saying is if u buy the Lumia 1520 unlocked and full price from Omegacell or anywhere else you can use it on any carrier u want without a contract unless u go to the carriers store and sign a contract with a bring your own device one. All u need to do is get a sim card with a plan and have them activate it on a pay as u go bases or on a contract.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I bought the DT-910 from a guy on amazon.ca - $99 being shipped from Nokia's factory in sweden mail. Should be here just after boxing day.  I wanted the stand charger for my 1020; not sure how a 1520 might fit it or whether the NFC induction coils in the charger might align with those in the 1520. (Is the 1520 NFC charging native, or via a special back cover as the 1020?)

DT-910 $99 - http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00A3NCC8M

DT-910 $69.61 - http://www.amazon.ca/Nokia-DT-900-Wireless-Charging-Plate/dp/B00DD10TI6/

Is the predictive text as good as that on an iphone?  In moving to Nokia from the iphone 5 I thought this might be the one thing iphone might have over a windows 8 phone.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sorethroat

I haven't heard any Issues with predictive texting on the 1520 just yet unless someone reports here. Even Apple has issues with their predictive texting at times. Lol. I owned all the iPhones to know this.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I must admit there is much, much, much to hate about the iphone 5, especially with the iOS7 update, but I have to say I have never had one problem with predictive text. But that one, sole shining iphone star is far insufficient to hold me to apple.