Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia Lumia 1520 and 2520 Tablet

Yes I'll definitely share my feedback and findings. If all goes well it will be in hand by the end of next week. Let's see how it goes! 

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

http://www.omegacell.com/products/nokia-lumia-1520-canada

here's a site that sells it for $750 CAD and has qi wireless charging.  at least you won't have to pay the duties since it ships from canada, which will be like $100 if you order from states.  That's how much rogers would charge for it unlocked anyways.

from the specs, i don't see any reason why it wouldn't work on all rogers LTE bands.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Charles1977

The specs and the phone should work om Rogers LTE and networks just fine.
yogaboy905
I Plan to Stick Around

I just got off the phone with an Omega sales rep on the Nokia 1520.  Here's what I've learned, they have them IN STOCK. Their standard (no cost delivery) is 2 days to Ontario.  Want it faster, it'll cost you $10 extra.  They'll charge 5% GST on top of the device and the external Qi charger is also listed on their web site at http://www.omegacell.com/collections/accessories/products/koolpad-qi-wireless-charger-pad .  He's guaranteed that the phone is BRAND NEW and is NOT LOCKED and that it will work in Ontario on the Rogers LTE system. Somebody please buy this one and let us all know what your experience is.  I can wait a few more days.  Would anybody like to by an HTC ONE (Android) 4.5" phone ... $450 selling price.  If yes, reply to this blog and I'll be in touch somehow ... but on this blog ... I doubt there will be any takers.  Off to Kijiji I go.

lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for sharing that link.. I'm taking a look through it now. My first question would have been is it actually in stock. If it is then that's great. I'll want to see what their return/exchange policies are well. 

The one I was looking at on eBay was here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281221485807?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

$710 CAN with free 2 day FedEx shipping. I assume that there would be import fees though and I'm not sure what they would be. $40 more might be better than potentially $100 in import fees or more. Let me take a look at this link and if everything looks good I'll end up placing an order tomorrow and of course advise everyone once it arrives.

EDIT: I called as well for my own piece of mind. Yes it's in stock. If I'm extra impatient I can pay $25 and get it by Friday. He claims a lot of them have been sold already and they were sold out in black and red until they got more stock today. Well, I think I'll be placing my order tomorrow morning!

yogaboy905
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm glad this blog is starting to pay off with all the comments flying around.  When you get your's let us all know your experience.  When I spoke to the guy from Omega today he said that they were out of stock on the BLACK only but were expecting more in TODAY.  I asked if I ordered a black and it was out of stock how long would it take to ship ... he claimed one - two days at most because they're getting shipments of them and they seem to be popular.  NO KIDDING !!  Rogers ... wake up !! And these phones are UNLOCKED - that's a bonus.  If you have success with your phone ... I'll order mine next week sometime.

charles1977
I Plan to Stick Around

same here.  if it all goes well for you guys, i'm ordering one as well from that site, eventhough i just bought a note 3 already.  but i'll splurge anyways.  just don't tell my wife.

sunster
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Meowmix
I want to get this phone for my wife, but she's with Fido. Will the LTE (2600) still be available? My understanding is that they share the same network but Fido doesn't promote the 2600 LTE. Can you help clarify. Thank you
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sunster

Indeed Fido does support and have 2600mhz. They barely promote it tho. So yes the device will work on Fidos LTE!!

"2. Based on Fido 2600 MHz spectrum available in majority of sectors within Fido LTE coverage areas; in sectors where 2600 MHz is not available, device will seamlessly fallback to 2100 MHz."

http://www.fido.ca/web/content/coverage/lte?cm_mmc=Redirects-_-External-_-Marketing-_-lte
lundon44
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes Omegacell did mention to me that the 1520's are selling like hotcakes right now. This really is a lot of money slipping through Rogers' fingers. And to think that they are still promoting the almost 6 month old Lumia 1020 on their Facebook page..

But either way, my order for the yellow 1520 was placed last night around midnight, according to the salesperson it should be in hand tomorrow. I used my office address for my shipping address because I'm never home in the day. But I'll actually be offsite tomorrow (of all days!!) so I've asked reception to hold my package until I can run over and pick it up. 

As much as I'd love to set it up and test it out tomorrow I also have my company's holiday party so I won't truly get the chance to tinker with it until Saturday. So that's more realistically when you expect an update from me. I'll have the day to myself to set it up, activate the new sim card, install my apps and begin testing out my service (and LTE!).