Nokia 920 take 3

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Nokia 920 take 3

Ok Im on my 3rd Nokia 920 (Win 8rt) phone  First 2 froze screen so I had to soft reset to get back working.  3rd seemed good for first few months now the flash is broken, screen will also freeze with pixels (looks pretty but dumb).  Wasn't going to worry about the flash until it started to freeze then today when searching other forums I noticed that Nokia has a defect on some flashes (it will work if u press it gently but stops when u remove pressure, info from forums helped me with this, that confirmed for me that it isn't actually broke)  I have to have my phone with me for work and a loaner phone doesn't cut it (transfer data etc)  The Rogers keep dinging me for delivery fees - what a pain

Sorry this is more a rant - i feel better now - just a heads up about the flash if u have same issue  just press back of flash while turning it on and c if that works (going to work out what I can do about contract and go back to my iphone 😞  )

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nokia 920 take 3

Hello preacherman666

Sorry to hear your experience :(. Sadly every manufacturer has defects & carriers charge for loaners / delivery fees if you you be getting another one. The only option you have, is just send it into repair & just use the iPhone for the time being.

The flash was a known issue from the WP forums. It seemed like a lot of Lumia 920 devices had this issue but got fixed when customers send them back.
I Plan to Stick Around

I hear ya. I'll be on my 4th phone once I send my current 920 in. First two 920's had battery issues. On this one the camera doesn't focus properly, and my live tiles have stopped updating.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Dos101

It seems the Lumia 920 even tho a beautiful device, has way to many issues. I know every device has issues but if u are going on 3-4 same device and issues, then something is wrong.
I'm Here A Lot

You should contact Nokia Canada directly. They will fix it quick and fast for you without charge. Nokia service has always been top notch so you don't even need to bother Rogers with it.

Friend had a problem with his Lumia 920 and he got it fixed and sent back in 48 hours.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello leontran

That is a good suggestion!. Its best to call & send it into Nokia Canada. They are able to fix it / give you another one if the Lumia device you have does not work. They get it & fix it & send it out to you within a couple of days.
I Plan to Stick Around

In the past Nokia Canad has had excellent support, but when I called them this time they asked me to go through Rogers to get it repaired. Alternatively they provided a form for me to fill out and to ship my phone with the form to their repair facility. Very dissapointed to be honest.