Nokia 5800 Firmware Update

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Nokia 5800 Firmware Update

I recently got the Nokia 5800 , great phone but the firmware update is limited to V31.2.101 while Nokia has released updates V40.0.005 and v50.0.005 respectively which includes the much talked about kinetic scrolling.  Unfortunately cannot update as Rogers is currently not providing at this time. Has there been any talk of firmware updates for the Nokia 5800?

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nokia 5800 Firmware Update

I've had this phone since MARCH of this year. It has been the same v31 firmware since. I emailed Rogers to ask if they could update the firmware - They tell me to contact Nokia. I emailed Nokia - They tell me to contact Rogers.

This endless loop has taught me to be a little more cautious buying a phone from Rogers. I've disliked this phone right from the start, with all of the limitations and bloatware Rogers has plagued this nice phone with...

But in the end, I don't think we'll ever get a firmware update... Judging by the website, the phone is discontinued. Looks like their promotions was to get rid of their stock of them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Try the Nokia software updater - just do a google search for it, also load the Ovi suite on your PC.

I have a RM-428 Rogers Nokia 5800 and just upgraded to the most recent 5.??.? firmware and the phone is great.

In fact, I now have an E71, a Nokia 5800, and a new iPhone 4.

So no real comparison with the iPhone 4 overall, BUT if I could get HTML email working on the 5800 that would be my daily phone with no questions asked.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

but... are you with Rogers - Canada?

I Plan to Stick Around

325i --- How were you able to update to v51.xxx? 

Rogers Wireless --- With 1300 views on 325i's message, you must know there is a lot of people looking for the same thing.   You can't just refer people to Nokia.  How about some help?

I Plan to Stick Around

You will have to debrand the phone to update it.  The updated firmware is nice but it has been a while since I used that phone.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.  That's, sort of, what I figured.

-Cheers.