Noise interferring with Channel 6 (CBC) Broadcasts on non-digital cable.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Noise interferring with Channel 6 (CBC) Broadcasts on non-digital cable.

Hello, I have three standard CRT television sets hooked up with direct cable NO STB. On all but one I get terrible noise and cross talk from another channel ONLY on Channel 6! How can I eradicate this annoyance. I live in the Orangeville area. My Plazma TV is connected directly to NON Digital cable(no STB) and channel 6 is noise free. I've checked connecting cables etc. HELP! The one CRT set works fine on channel 6. Very confusing. Thanks

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Noise interferring with Channel 6 (CBC) Broadcasts on non-digital cable.

I see you said you checked the cables.. what about plitters, etc.. how are things wired up?

Often the case with the STB, there can be signal issues, with cheaper or burned out splitters.  There could be one of them, causing issues on the signals going to those specific TVs.

Worth taking a look at, maybe replacing.. even try removing and just doing direct (using a connector) to see if it still happens without the splitter there.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hey thanks for the advice. Back then I gave up and rented a Nextbox so I could watch channel 6 CBC. I am in the Orangeville area and to this day I still cannot get CBC Channel 6 for Hockey Night in Canada on my straight wired set!! I also had to get digital adaptors for my older tv sets. Very annoying and presently none of my adaptors are working and my Nextbox is malfunctioning due to weak signal. Here we go gain Smiley Happy I will check the multiplexers again. Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Could be overall signal issue then, if the adapters are not working, as well as the nextbox.

Give them a call and have a tech out.. they can check signals and relplace stuff as needed.  Could be bad splitters inside/outside the house.. could be even the line INTO the house.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if she said her cable is connected directly to the coax wall out let with no stb, then its definitely a channel 6 over the air broadcast which is interfering with chanel 6 NTSC on the tv tuner

the reason is the analog cable going into your tv uses the same frequency airspace as over the air broadcast, even though the over the air might be digital by now, it still ues the same megahertz, but the signal wont be decoded by your tv unless u turn on the atsc tuner. either way, it means a coax line has a leak in it,

I'm a Senior Advisor

Since Rogers will supply free DTAs, why not just get those? Renting a Nextbox for the sake of one channel seems overkill.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I agree just get the dta 50 and forget about the net box