Nodo Update for Samsung Focus

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nodo Update for Samsung Focus

Hi Rogers,

As I stated in another thread I thought i'd ask the question here, we know that tomorrow (29/03/2011) Telus will be releasing the NoDo update to Windows Phone 7 devices, and have even put out a press release why hasn't there been any transparency from Rogers regarding the Nodo update and why hasn't there been any information put out to users about this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brian D

For those who don't know about the update this is what the update is bringing:

• Copy & paste. You asked for it—now it's here. Just tap a word and drag the arrows to copy and paste it on your phone. You can copy text from emails, text messages, web pages, and Office Mobile documents, and paste it anywhere you can type.
  • Faster apps and games. Nobody likes to wait. That's why we've whittled down the time it takes for apps and games to start up and resume. It's all part of our focus on getting you to the things you love, easier and faster.
  • Better Marketplace search. We've streamlined Marketplace search to make it easier to find specific apps, games, or music. Press the Search button in the Apps or Games section of Marketplace and you'll see only apps or games in the results. Press Search in the Music section of Marketplace to search just the music catalog.
  • Other Marketplace improvements. We've improved the stability of Marketplace while you download apps. We've also improved the experience of downloading apps larger than 20 megabytes, upgrading from trial apps to paid apps, sharing links to apps via email, sorting Xbox LIVE games by release date, and creating an Xbox LIVE account from within the Games Hub.
  • Wi-Fi improvements. We now display your phone's Media Access Control (MAC) address in Settings
  • Outlook improvements. We've improved the experience of viewing iPhone photo attachments you receive from a non-Exchange-based email account (such as a Google Mail, Hotmail, or Yahoo! Mail account), using the Global Address List (GAL) when connecting to Exchange Server 2003 using Exchange ActiveSync, and working with email display names that contain brackets (for example, "David Alexander [Contoso]").
  • Facebook integration. We've improved the experience of syncing Facebook accounts
  • Audio improvements. We've improved the experience of using a Bluetooth headset to make calls when you're playing music or videos.
  • Other performance improvements. This month's update also includes software from several phone manufacturers that improves the performance of specific models. Naturally, if you don't have one of the affected models, we won't install this portion of the update on your phone.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Nodo Update for Samsung Focus

Have you been able to install the pre-update? It keeps failing for me.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Windows Phone 7 user,

Yes I also have a problem regards to the first Windows Phone 7 update i've tried a couple different thing's but like you I can't even install the preupdate for updates as Microsoft puts it.

I've been told you need to backup your phone using the Zune software then do a factory reset then fully shut off the phone and then turn it back on again and that should do the trick. The only problem with that is I have setup my phone perfectly and  im just to lazy todo that.

Below i'll have a link that is suppose to be updated every week from Microsoft regarding the nodo update, from the chart it sounds like it could be a few more weeks but i'm not sure Steve Ballmer promised all users would get it no later then March!

Hope that helps!

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/features/update-schedule-world.aspx

Again if someone from ROGERS can respond or provide any information that would be appreciated!

Side Note: I have to say my Samsung Focus is by far the best phone that you can buy and is much more advanced then the Iphone and Andriod. It's fast and very responsive, easy to use, great for companies with having Microsoft office and Microsoft sharepoint built in.

IDC has just came out saying by 2015 Andriod will be the biggest os in the world for mobile phones followed by WINDOWS PHONE 7, then IPHONE and then Blackberry! I see lots of potential in this operating system they just need to get there stuff togeather regarding releasing updates but I think the biggest problem is not Microsoft its the PROVIDERS ROGER wanting to make more money from there customers so that they have to buy a new phone in order to get the lattest updates.

Take care

Brian

I Plan to Stick Around

They error message I recieve from the Zune software regarding the first message is:  There was an error while trying to update your device with the latest software Please try again.

The timer ran out on what we were trying to do.

Error Code

800705B4

Does anyone from Rogers actually respond to these posts!?

I'm Here A Lot

That's exactly the same error I am getting.

I'm Here A Lot

I was able to update my phone. I cleared out all the music and videos from my phone and followed steps 1 & 2 here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2518812

Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Hello brianjdupuis,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

The update available on Zune software is OS version: 7.0.7008.0. We do not have any information regarding OS version: 7.0.7390.0 as of yet.

FYI, OS version: 7.0.7008.0*  is not a mandatory update but it is recommended.  

I recommend updating your device to the current version as it will be easier to update again once the latest version becomes available.  

Please visit this link for the error message that your receiving:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484?toggle=step800705B4#800705B4

I hope this helps ,

Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

Hello ChairmanMah,

Welcome to the Rogers community,

Where you able to update your device to version OS version: 7.0.7008.0?

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, I was able to update to 7.0.7008.0 the pre-NoDo update. I'm still awaiting the NoDo (7.0.7390.0) update.

I Plan to Stick Around

ChairmanMah, I received the nodo update on my Samsung Focus last night.

After the February update this was extremely painless. It took approx 30 minutes and the speed difference in application loading is amazing.

Let's hope Microsoft deliver more updates soon