No voicemail notification since upgrading to Netcomm 3G27WV-R

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No voicemail notification since upgrading to Netcomm 3G27WV-R

I used to use the Ericsson W35 but recently upgraded to the Netcomm 3G27WV-R. Since I did so I no longer receive the voicemail notification on my phone that's connected to the 3G27WV-R that used to appear when I was using the W35. Anyone else see this or know how to fix it?

*** Edited Labels***

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: No voicemail notification since upgrading to Netcomm 3G27WV-R

Hi trolley,

Does the Netcomm 3G27WV-R show an indicator on it?

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi Darrell, The 3G27WV-R doesn't have a voicemail indicator. There are 2 phone LEDs but both are off, and Phone 1 only comes on when the phone is in use. The other LEDs are related to ethernet, WAN, wi-fi, 4G, and power.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi,
I know this is an old post, Just wondering if you manged to fix the promlem, As I am having same issue with voicemail notification. Tech support are really not that helpful.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No. They just replaced my hub too, and the problem is still there.

There's another problem with it, and I'd love you know if this happens to you as well. If you pick up the phone then hang up then pick up again all in quick succession does yours get stuck so the phone won't work any longer? This happens to me on both my old hub and the replacement, and was the actual reason I got it replaced.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I am on my 4th Hub and new phones, I can rarely pick up incoming calls,sometimes it rings and it is dead when I pick up other times it dosen't even ring and goes to viocemail which I I dont know someone has rung because of no viocemail notification. It is good to know I am not the only the one with problems. The worse thing is, is that the old Hub work perfectly for 2 years!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Does yours get "stuck" like mine does if you pick up, hang up, pick up quickly?

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No, my phone doesn't do that

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had the same problem since my upgrade to the 27WV and just received a replacement from Rogers two days ago.

So far working without a problem.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@airjam wrote:

I had the same problem since my upgrade to the 27WV and just received a replacement from Rogers two days ago.

So far working without a problem.

Update.

The replacement appers to work better than the original however I find the unit to be flaky. Drops calls at random and you have to time how quickly you answer calls. Pick up the hand set too fast and the call is lost. Take too long and lost to voicemail.

I upgraded firmware to 1.2.21.2 (Dec 18 2012) and it is more stable now.

I suspect the issues may be related to when the unit switches automatically from HSPA1900 to HSPA1800 which my unit does quite frequently at my location. I have an external antenna which does a good job of holding the HSPA1900 but still drops to 1800 at times.

I had no problems whatsoever from my previous Netcomm 3G10WVR  which was on HSPA1800 and not HSPA1900 compatible. The older 3G10WVR also gave me voice mail tone notifications. I am tempted to just keep my older 3G10WVR connected at all times.