No longer able to access customer admin panel on SMCD3GN unit

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

No longer able to access customer admin panel on SMCD3GN unit

I would like an explanation as to why i can no longer log into the administration page for the SMCD3GN unit. Was there a firmware update that disabled this feature? This would also explain why the Link light is no longer on.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No longer able to access customer admin panel on SMCD3GN unit

Im assuming you are able to see the login page for it?  Your still getting internet otherwise?

The link light, from my understanding, will only be on/blinking when there is an ethernet connection to the router (i could be wrong on this)

Its possible if it was hard reset, that the login/password was set back to the default.  But then everything would be, the SSID, etc.

I've Been Around

I had the same issue.  It seems that there was a firmware update to the router and it reset the default gateway to 192.168.0.1.  It also changed the passwords for the rogcesadmin and the cusadmin. 

I called the tech support guys and they were able to reset the modem wipeing all my configuration settings.

Small price to pay for admin access.

Once they did this he was kind enough to login and set the password for me and I reconfigured the router.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yuck.. so do you know when the full wipe was done, if the passwords went back to the default for the CUSADMIN?

I wonder what firmware update was pushed.. maybe getting some stuff IPV6 ready?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

My "links" light isn't on either. And I don't know what is the WPA button for. It doesn't seem work. My login always fails at first time, the second time is ok. WHY??

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rabbit613

I already posted about this on your thread. Please look at it there.