cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Sound with 4250HD on channel 89 DIY

darthsphinx1
I'm Here A Lot

It's the only channel with no sound and will only work when described audio is turned on. The channel works with our other recievers (nextbox and SD)

***Edited Labels***

17 REPLIES 17

Re: No Sound with 4250HD on channel 89 DIY

darthsphinx1
I'm Here A Lot

Ive reset many times, and Rogers re-registers the reciever, it still has no sound. Happened a few weeks ago thought it would fix itself.

Hello @darthsphinx1,

Welcome to the Community! 

I've checked our Tech Alerts Board and our Engineering team is currently investigating this issue. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

AM8
I've Been Here Awhile

I have exactly the same problem. I called technical support and she said that it was a setting on my TV (which I haven't changed in years. I couldn't find the TV remote, as I only use the Rogers's remote!).

She said it had to do with the SAP setting on my TV, but I don't have that setting!

Anyway, she suggested I change my box, but I had the same box/TV for many years and 89 it's the only channel without sound.

I will wait and see if it gets fixed by itself, it's a waste to change the box!

It's definetly not a setting on my TV as it was fine until a month ago, possibly when DIY changed to HD. Not going to get a new box as the next boxes are slow and you can't scroll through the channels, also the box works fine, its something wrong on Rogers end.

sdl1968
I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem.  No sound on 4250HD box but works  on my nextbox .  Hopefully there is a fix.

Its been like this for almost 2 months I think, still not fixed

AM8
I've Been Here Awhile

Same at my place. I didn't change the box as I'm sure it will not fix the problem. I will call tech support again and see what they say ...

@darthsphinx1@sdl1968 and @AM8

It seems like some of the 4250HD boxes are not able to decode the audio stream on DIY channel. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the workaround to enable the Described Video by going into Settings/Audio/Described Video-Enabled?

I understand you may not want to swap the box for a different model. I can put in a ticket for you, I've sent a private message, please check your Inbox.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

AM8
I've Been Here Awhile

I went to Channel 89 and there was no sound.

I went into Settings/Audio:Described and set it to Enabled. Nothing happened. I went to another channel and came back to 89, and there was sound 🙂

Later on I was watching another channel and the described video voice appeared, so I disabled the Described Audio, changed the channel and came back to it and it was OK.

Therefore this is a temporary fix, but it's better than nothing!

Thank you RogersMoin for your workaround Tip.

Hello, @AM8

I appreciate your testing the workaround and posting the results. Thank you for replying back to the private message, a ticket was assigned to the support group. Once the fix is applied you'll be notified. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

sdl1968
I've Been Here Awhile

I was able to get sound by changing the SAP mode in settings . 

Thank you @sdl1968 for applying the workaround tip and updating the Community. Smiley Happy

Cheers,

RogersMoin

mjbad2
I've Been Here Awhile

@sdl1968 wrote:

I was able to get sound by changing the SAP mode in settings . 

agree.

mjbad2
I've Been Here Awhile

@AM8 wrote:

I went to Channel 89 and there was no sound.

I went into Settings/Audio:Described and set it to Enabled. Nothing happened. I went to another channel and came back to 89, and there was sound 🙂

Later on I was watching another channel and the described video voice appeared, so I disabled the Described Audio, changed the channel and came back to it and it was OK.

Therefore this is a temporary fix, but it's better than nothing!

Thank you RogersMoin for your workaround Tip.

correct. Temp fix.

archielisser
I Plan to Stick Around

Not getting sound most of the time on channels 88 (FYI) and 89 (DIY) on tv connected to 4250HD box via HDMI cable. Sound comes back occasionally.

Sound is ok on 2nd tv connected to 3200SD box via coax. Any thoughts anyone?

archielisser
I Plan to Stick Around

Enabling described video setting turned on the sound. Not sure why this would be necessary on certain channels.

Hi @archielisser,

Welcome to the Community.

Are you still experiencing an audio issue on channel 89? Have you tried the workaround mentioned by RogersMoin on message 9 of this thread? 

If you'd like us to create a ticket for you please reach out to us via PM @ CommunityHelps next time you're online and we'd be happy to assist you. To learn more about our Private Messaging system, you can visit here.

RogersZia

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 8 in conversation