'No SIM Card'

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eileenyu
I Plan to Stick Around

'No SIM Card'

So I have an HTC one x for about 1.5 years now.  I was at work yesterday haven't even touched my phone, I went on break about evening time.  And I see "No Sim Card" message.  My phone was working in the morning and suddently says 'No SIM Card.'

I took out the SIM Card, re-inserted it about 10+ times.  I restarted it about 20 times+ and airplane mode like 15+ times.

I know it's not the SIM card cause I put my sim card into my sister's android and ti works....

Any suggestion?

***Edited Labels.***

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: 'No SIM Card'

Hello eileenyu

You might need to do a factory reset on the device to see if that works. Also have you checked on the mobile Settings if anything was turned off?
eileenyu
I Plan to Stick Around

I have checked all my settings, nothing is off.  I will try the reset and see how that goes.  

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eileenyu

Try the reset & see if that fixes it. IF it does not, then i would suggest going to your local Rogers store to see if they can see whats going on.
eileenyu
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried the full factory reset.  My phone still isn't able to detect the SIM card.

If I were to upgrade my phone if it's a hardware issue;  I'm 1.5 years into my 3 year contract, how much would that cost me? (Staying with my current plan).

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello eileenyu

That is something Rogers will tell you as i have no access to your Account. You can access it by logging into My Rogers - Overview - Device Balance. It should tell you on there what the Flextab aka upgrade fee will be.
samsvoc
I Plan to Stick Around

eileenyu, you say you tried your sim card in your sisters phone and it works, how about trying your sisters sim card in your phone and see what happens.  If this works, it "may" be time for a new sim card.

ExoChibi
I've Been Here Awhile

Phone says no SIM card.

Hey, i was at the mall my phone was working perfectly and sending texts normally but then it just said i had no sim. What's up with that? I have an S4 and i've been using the same sim without touching it at all for 2 months already and it just says no sim as i was walking around the mall just seconds after it was perfectly functioning. Please help.

RogersGabrielle
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @ExoChibi,

Have you tried removing you SIM card and inserting it back in? 

Let us know if that helps!

ExoChibi
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes. I also tried putting in a totally new sim card. I've heard this phone has had trouble with it's sim reader so I assumed that was the cause and ended up getting a whole new phone entirely.