No Nokia music, WHY?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No Nokia music, WHY?

Nokia Canada tells me its Rogers fault why we don't get Nokia Music.   They say it probably duplicates some other app that Rogers has and it doesn't want a conflict.  Is this true?  Are we not getting Nokia Music because Rogers wont enable it?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: No Nokia music, WHY?

Well Rogers does have its own music app, but I have a feeling this one is a support person trying to pass the buck. Nokia Music is just simply not available to Canada like a lot of other music streaming services.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello k-doggie

What Entegy said is true. Google Music is not available in Canada either. So are a few other apps like that. It has nothing to do with Rogers at all. It could be Nokia at fault here OR all the carriers that carry Nokia phones do not want the app.
I Plan to Stick Around

Think it's more of a CRTC (Rogers)  blocked it because it's FREE!!!

The US just got it as of Dec. with the WP8, Canada is the ONLY place that it's still blocked.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello The55

Its not because its free, its because the government & most of the carriers want their own Music apps to be better & want customers to have those, instead of the Google Music & Nokia Music.

Google released Google Music months ago to the states & here in Canada we are still waiting for it. The same thing will happen with Nokia Music.
I Plan to Stick Around

Were do I get the Free Rogers Music App Smiley LOL

The Rogers WP App, will not work over Wi-Fi, so to check your Data used you have to use your Data!!

What a Joke!!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello The55

The Rogers WP app does NOT use data. They made this very clear. Every carrier has this as well. The app does not use data to check minutes / texts & data usage.
I Plan to Stick Around

Good luck with that one, turn your Data off, & try to open the App over Wi-Fi.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello The55

If it is in fact using data from your data bucket for the My Rogers app, you need to contact Rogers. They have said it does not use data from your data bucket you have on your plan. The app was never made to be used over WiFi as Rogers claims all the stats need to be found using 3G.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have my red Lumia 920 yet (ordered), but I'm eager to try Nokia music.

I know it's not supposed to be available in Canada, but I also know that it's possible to trick the system. That will probably be one of the first things I'll try when I get my hands on the device.

ps. Google is your friend.