No New Contract For Another 6 Months

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

No New Contract For Another 6 Months

I recently went to get an upgrade, I was hoping to upgrade early and renew my contract so I could get a new phone and a new 2 year contract. When I went to the store to speak to the representative to get this deal going I was told that since my phone line was suspended the month before so i am not eligible for a new contract and upgrade for another 6 months. Has anyone else had this problem and can you help me think of some ways to get this stupid policy revoked.

***edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: No New Contract For Another 6 Months

Never heard of that before. I could see them not allowing the upgrade if you owe them a certain amount of money thats past due, but if your account balance is $0 since you were suspended i cant imagine why they wouldnt let you upgrade. Call rogers and find out whats going on.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: No New Contract For Another 6 Months

Suspended how? If it was suspended due to non payment, they are likely worried that if they gave you a new phone (with a hardware credit), they would worry that you would not pay them again.

If it was a suspension due to say you locking it if you lost your old, etc it shouldn't cause this that I am aware of.