cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet Registered On My Account

jimboden
I'm an Advisor

Yesterday, I bought a CGN3 from Rogers and upgraded to the Hybrid 150 package. I installed the CGN3 and everything is working great. Today, when I look at my account, there is no Internet and I only see my TV and Wireless services. I get the message "there are no Internet accounts registered with your online profile". I assume this is related to the change and that it will show up soon. Has anyone else seen this issue?

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No Internet Registered On My Account

Signed on to My Rogers this morning and my Internet service has been added back in. Case closed. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello @jimboden ,

If after your next bill cycle your Internet service is not showing linked/registered please reach out to us via Twitter @RogersHelps or Facebook.com/Rogers and we'll happily take a look into it.

@RogersDarrell 

RogersDarrell:

Thank you. Do you know how long this normally takes? 4 days later, I still have no Internet on My Rogers account. Seems like something pretty simple to me. All I did was buy a CGN3 and switch to the Hybrid 150 plan.

I see that come up every once in a while for no good reason.  Log in next time and everything comes up.....

letmein
I've Been Around
Same is happening here, change my plan and now is not showing on my services

letmein:

I called in a couple of days ago and was told it will not show up until my next billing cycle. This is totally absurd, Whenever I modify any of my other services (TV, wireless), they don't disappear from my account.

when i changed from the old express to 30/5, showed up right away.. same with the change from 30/5 to 60/10

Gdkitty:

That's interesting. I upgraded from Extreme Plus to Hybrid 150, plus I got a CGN3 at the same time, which replaced an SMCD3GN. Maybe the 2 changes had something to do with it.

SHOULDNT..

I went from the same SMC, to the CGN3 when going to the 30/5

Unless there is something extra, with going to the 150..

Oh well, will wait to see what happens when my next bill comes around, which is in roughly another 2 weeks. I don't need to see my internet usage anyway. I'm not a heavy user and my new plan took me from 150GB to 350GB.

Signed on to My Rogers this morning and my Internet service has been added back in. Case closed. Smiley Happy

i have to laugh... I've experienced the same problem... between this and the router problems and the Rogers One Number and the digital box issues with cable TV and the pixellation and so on... it is just crazy how many quality issues Rogers has... unbelievable

i have seen my plan switch on my account the same day... the relationship to the billing cycle is incorrect

sometimes it just doesn't show up and then comes back another day... that's Rogers for you...

Took a look at my Internet stats this morning and was surprised to see 2 changes on my account. I have the Hybrid 150 350GB package and that's what I've been seeing since it was added to my account. This morning, it shows Hybrid 150 plus TechXpert, plus I suddently have another 200GB of data, for a total of 550GB.

I know there has been some kind of 200GB add-on promotion, so I guess I can understand that one. What I don't understand is the TechXpert thing. It's something that doesn't interest me in the least. The web site's description says that you can get a 30 day free trial, then it's $9.99 a month for "computers" and there's a whole home plan for $14.99 a month.

Has anyone else seen this happen on their account wihout being consulted? I did not ask for the extra 200GB or TechXpert support. I have no idea if either of these things is going to cost me more money.

Neither will cost you any money, or well shouldnt.

Out of the box by default, you have your internet package... with whatever usage, etc

Now, there is an ADDON ($15 a month, which gives you 200g extra usage, and techXpert included, its all in one bundle).

That is not to say, that you are being CHARGED for this.

If you have TV, homephone/wireless, etc.. (usually w 2 other services), you are entitled to the addon FREE.

You would need to call in to 100% make sure that your not being charged for it.
But i would guess that this is what your seeing.
I do not pay for my 200g addon... and that is exactly how it shows up (though i never plan to use the techxpert.)

To get the bonus 200Gb you need all three services, phone, internet, tv.  Cell phones don't count.  Been through this myself.  If you only have two services and the 200 Gb + TechXpert was added, you will end up paying for it. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will call in, of course, but it's interesting to see 2 different opinions. My 3 services are Internet, TV, and Wireless. Regardless of the outcome, what I can't figure out is why Rogers is adding stuff to my account that hasn't even been discussed with me. To me, that's a no-no, regardless of their reason for doing it.

Assuming its the free bonus.. it may be something thats AUTO audited.. checks the plans and may auto add it on or something.
(or the rep who was setting it, realized you didnt have the free bonus and added it)

As for eligibility.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/hispeedBrowseFlowDefaultPlans

is the plan page.  If you go down to the bottom, has the link to the 200g + techxpert bonus link.
Says "with any eligible 3 product bundle"

Click on the link to the bundles

If you scroll down to about the bottom, there is the

Internet + tv + wireless
Which shows DOES include the 200g bonus.

Now, most people other than new customers are not eligible for the promo pricing there 😞
But the 200g bonus, etc should be able to be applied.

Gdkitty:

Just got off the phone with Rogers. The TechXpert and extra 200GB are both free, no strings attached. Even though one of my services is Wireless, it counts towards 3 services in this situation. It does NOT count for discounts. While I was on the phone, I got a 24 month discount for my Internet and TV services. Smiley Happy

even better 😄

Just received an official email with a confirmation number and everything is there as stated on the phone.

Topic Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 in conversation