No Data Sharing with iPad?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

No Data Sharing with iPad?

I was kind of excited to learn that I could share my 6GB data plan between my iphone4 and my ipad2, this according to Rogers website. A tech support person claimed it was set up, but it didn't work after 2 days. A visit to the store didn't help either... they said it "might cost $15" a month. Just spent an hour on the phone to be told that I'd need a separate data plan for the iPad for $30 a month. With the $100 plus I'm already paying every month, that's NOT going to happen.

Anyone else think this is slightly misleading?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: No Data Sharing with iPad?

I am a Rogers employee - 7 years - you cannot share the 6GB data plan. The 6GB plan is considered a data add on option, not, technically, a data plan. There are only certain data plans you can 'share'.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well you can always use the iPhone wireless hotspot feature. You can either tether via bluetooth or wifi.. Yes your phone will need to be near your iPad, but hey it's sharing your 6GB for free 🙂

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

That's true...and the two a never far apart. Still would be nice to just share the data like they seemed to promise, Oh well...
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

well Rogers does offer sharing.. but it's like $25 and you get 2 more GB of data...

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I am a Rogers employee - 7 years - you cannot share the 6GB data plan. The 6GB plan is considered a data add on option, not, technically, a data plan. There are only certain data plans you can 'share'.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Seth, you CAN share it if your DEVICE supports sharing such as hotspot.

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

No Seth is correct in the context of the Original Poster.

6GB data plan cant be setup on an account to be shared (ie not  using Hotspot,tethering, etc)

Highlighted
I've Been Around

According to Rogers today, July 10th, you can't share the promo 6GB for $30 data plan at all (at least not yet).  I went into a Rogers Plus store this afternoon to get the microSIM for my new iPad to allow for data sharing of my 6GB plan, and they told me they couldn't do it...  Yet...  This particular data plan is apparently designated as a single line option and there's no sharing code in their system to permit you to share the plan.  The rep did say that he had heard that it may be coming in a week or two so maybe there's some hope for us still!?  Not taking to well to that news, I decided to call Rogers a short while later and they essentially told me the same thing.  So, we're out of luck for now and you should keep killing your iPhone's battery by enabling the hotspot feature O_o

Rogers should not advertise data sharing if they can't or "won't" do it!!!!!