No Cable Service in East Scarborough

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

No Cable Service in East Scarborough

Since 1:30PM! Anyone know when will Rogers be able to resolve this?

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: No Cable Service in East Scarborough

I live on St.clair & midland in Scarborough & i have cable. Call Rogers tech support to see maybe something is going on.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey meow! I did call them, called them around 5PM, then around 730ish..told me that they were having some issues in Scarborough, was informed that the issues will be fixed in 2 hours when I called around 5..its almost 10PM and still no cable service..just got off the phone with, and now they can't give me time frame when they are able to resolve this issue..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Oh my(n) that sucks. I know each intersection and such have different boxes and such. Do any of your neboughrs or anyone else around you have the problem? Rogers takes a while to fix something if its broken. I know I waited around 3 days for cable to come back up once. Wish you the best man. Hopefully rogers brings it back by tomorrow morning
I've Been Around

I also live in East Scarborough (Finch & Neilson) and no cable signal for me.

I've Been Here Awhile

Well it has been about 72 hours, and we still do not have internet. Iv'e been told there is no ETA either. I'm East Scarborough as well.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

grimreaper, this post was originaly from 2012.. so i am HOPING its not the same issue and ongoing since thing 😮

Your is likely a different outage..  but hopefully they can get it fixed quickly for you.

I Plan to Stick Around

Don't forget to call in for support to see what's going on.

I suggest calling each day, when the cable is not working.

Ask to be reimbursed for the day's cable cost.  Rogers should not expect to be paid when the service is not functioning.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello vim

While you are correct, they will only take out $4-10 if anything. If the user wants to really get all of it off. They should be a bigger issue. They will need to contact Rogers retentions and see what thry offer.  Be aware that u won't get all of it off or most of it.  

Th problem is that every carrier has problems like this.. Problems like this happen with Bell,  Rogers, Shaw and the rest every week or so. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, all carriers have issues.

$4-$10 may not seem a lot to you, but it may mean something to some people.

Carriers should not expect to get paid for service that is not provided...that includes Bell, Telus AND Rogers.