Nexus S updates to Android 2.3.6

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nexus S updates to Android 2.3.6

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, I also received the OTA update GRK39F on my Nexus S today and the phone actually seems snappier.  Although it was listed as a minor update to fix the search bug, filesize was 17.5 mb, so I'm sure there are other fixes/changes incorporated into it.

I know this sounds crazy, but have you tried calling Rogers Tech Support?  

Here's a manual install guide and link to the file:  http://www.redmondpie.com/download-and-install-android-2.3.6-gingerbread-grk39f-on-google-nexus-s-ho...

I've Been Around

That guide is for a different variant of the Nexus S.

For the proper ROM see here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1063664

I've Been Around

Same thing here.. no service at all, rogers cant help they refered me to samsung,  samsung refered me to rogers...

I've Been Here Awhile

I've just received but have not applied it. It seems to have bugs. How is working on yours?
I've Been Here Awhile

Applied the 2.3.6 update and so far so good! Seems snappy and browser loading more crisp.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, didn't realize there were so many variants.  So we as Rogers customers are running the I9020A - ?  Baseband version on my phone says I9020AUCKF1.

The guide I posted didn't seem to be specific...  It pays to be careful.

Short aside - this is an amazing phone, hope they don't go too big on the Nexus Prime, the form factor is one of the things I love about this phone.  4" screen is the perfect size.