Nexus S (no data)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nexus S (no data)

I bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus s and I put in my SIM card and everything work as it should, except for one exception.

I am on a plan that consists of. 150 minutes, No Data, unlimited text/picture and free after 6pm

On my old phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia X10). I used to be able to recieve pictures with absolutley no problem. I would send it away, and that was it. 

On this Nexus S however, I contacted Rogers and they said that I must have the Mobile Data switch on to send and recieve pictures. I tried it that way and it works fine and as it did on my Xperia X10. 

But how come on my Xperia X10 I did not have to have the Mobile Data switch, over to the on position? Mean while it would send SMS and MMS (picture messages) just fine?

I am scared that I am collecting fee's for Data, when that is not a part of my original Rogers plan? 

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus S (no data)

Hello Ironheart

The Xperia X10 was not a smartphone like the Nexus S was. Also can you check the APNS to see if you have the correct settings to see maybe the setting is missing.