Nexus S Search Button problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nexus S Search Button problem

I just received my new nexus S last friday.  Since then I have been having a consistent problem with the search button constantly firing off.

This is a google thread discussing the problem

https://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=49e8ca84071d51a4&hl=en

This is a video I found that shows the problem I am experiencing in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7lmaau1iA0

This problem is making using my phone a very unpleasant experience.

I am just curious if any other rogers users are having this problem... and also curious if anyone at rogers knows anything about the bug, or has any potential solutions to the problem

***edited labels***

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

Re: Nexus S Search Button problem

I am just curious if any other rogers users are having this problem... and also curious if anyone at rogers knows anything about the bug, or has any potential solutions to the problem

Rogers techs are aware of the problem (at least the ones I have spoken to). Also Google has identified that there is a problem and are currently investigating a fix as per the following forum post:

http://www.google.ca/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=49e8ca84071d51a4&hl=en&fid=49e8ca84071...

Also due to the fact that this device runs software straight from Google (No Rogers/Samsung firmware) its entirely in the hands of Google to get this resolution out.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Nexus S Search Button problem

OMG!!!  This is hilarious!  The Nexus S has been officially pulled by Rogers!  What about all the Nexus S owners like myself getting our money back on this seriously flawed phone?  No one is taking responsibility, not Rogers, Samsung, or Google.  The 2.3.6 update is a huge joke, voice search bug is still there, worse for some people, and the "genuises" at Google removed tethering in this update!  Apparently Rogers is depleting stock of the Nexus S to make way for new phones, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!   Right, it's because this phone is a piece of garbage!  Why pull a phone that was only available at Rogers for like 6 months, and the older Samsung Galaxy S is still available?  Hmmm, interesting isn't it?  It has nothing to do with making room, Rogers finally realizes the phone is garbage and no update will fix this piece of hardware.  Just very unprofessional to rip off customers, and not compensate them.  This is atrocious!  Samsung should have just recalled the Nexus S, instead of pretending they have never heard of the problem, and ask us to do factory resets to "fix" our phones!  This made it on national news already on Global, and these companies are robbing us blind and taking us for fools!