Nexus 5?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Nexus 5?

Has anyone looked at the specs and confirmed that the Google Nexus 5 will have 4G/LTE support on the Rogers network?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus 5?

Hello TimIsOnTheNet

The phone hasn't even been announced... All Nexus devices are penta band and will work with the Rogers network.
I've Been Around

Just incase you haven't heard yet..

Rogers will be selling the Nexus 5 and will support the 4G/LTE network. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello JHelbren

Thay is correct. Just to correct you tho, it will NOT be on Band 7 which is 2600. It will however reach 150 mbps. Also the device is up on thr reservation system if you like to reserve it.  There is no firm date or pricing for the device at the moment. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Would this phone be unlocked like other Google phones?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nToxik

All Nexus devices sold by carriers are factory unlocked just as the ones sold on Google Play.

Also Rogers will be selling it for $100 on a 2 year term and $500 Outright from Rogers

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/11/04/rogers-to-sell-the-nexus-5-for-100-on-a-2-year/
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Also Rogers will be selling it for... $500 Outright from Rogers

So is that the 16GB at $150 over the Google price or the 32GB at only $100 over the Google price?

Either way you're getting support from Rogers so it must be worth it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Next question.

I purchased two SG3's on a 3-year contracts when they launched 17 months ago. These two SG3's are both on 6GB Super Plans whch are no longer available.

My son may need a phone soon and I was thinking of giving him my SG3 and getting the Nexus 5 on a 2-year contract for myself.

My question is - can I just remove the SIM from my SG3 and put it into the Nexus 5? Will the 6GB Super Plan move to my Nexus 5 and the new plan (whatever that may be) with the Nexus 5 move to the SG3 that I would give to my son?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Stagger

16GB that is. I would highly suggest if u have the money, buy it from Google Play. Rogers over prices the device.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nToxik

If you upgrade your account to a new phone, your plan it self must be $60 or more. If it is you are fine. If its not, then you will be forced to change plans.