Nexus 5 $50 more from Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Nexus 5 $50 more from Rogers

@MeoMix

I see what you're saying.

Thing is, Laws aren't written for any SINGLE instance or situation. ANY law applies to ANY entity that commits ANY related offense to which the Law applies.

You will never see a Law containing the name of any particular person or company or entity. The Law applies BROADLY and EQUALLY to any person,company,action, thing etc. anywhere in Canada.

The CRTC applies lawful regulations and controls. The courts apply Canadian laws. 2 different bodies serving 2 different functions/purposes.

Anyhoo, just clarifying my take on things. I think we're both on the same page.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Hogwash

Agreed with all that!

Hopefully something does happen to this price fixing soon!. 

RogersDarrell
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just a reminder to keep this thread within the Community Guidelines everyone:

Keep it legal: Any posting relating to a legal or financial matter will be deleted. Do not post information that is known to be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate or misleading.

RogersDarrell

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RogersDarrell

We will keep it clean & legal!.
hellinutopia
I Plan to Stick Around

I love this thread now. Just as a side note Im sure there is hate everywhere for the big three as far as thier practices are concerned.  Just this is a Rogers forum and the best place to voice your issues with Rogers.  If I were to affect change I would pobably call my MP, or sign up with open media to get on board with regular letters to gov.ca.  Seriously though I would be more worried about TPP. Is there a TPP thread. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hellinutopia

That is true. There is but also the forums do have policies & rules to follow. The same goes for all the carriers which have a Forum / Facebook page. They have set rules almost exactly the the ones on here.

If you or anyone else wants to fight about those rules. MSG RogersDarrel or RogersMargaret.

Anyways this thread should really stay ontopic tho lo. AS for the TPP thread, you can look for that on Google if it does indeed exist. 

hellinutopia
I Plan to Stick Around

Well it seems like I need to be fair as my main concern was the owed amount on the tab to get out of my contract.  My largest concern was with the tab pricing being the $499 selling cost of the phone but it seems that the tab cost to get out of my contract is the MSRP price minus the subsidy month over month which is totally fair.

I still have to say that Im not happy with the wireless/internet state of Canada but at least this aspect of it is fair

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hellinutopia

Hopefully prices will get better soon but only one can hope