Nexus 5 $50 more from Rogers

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus 5 $50 more from Rogers

Hello hellinutopia

If its not straight from the CRTC, then its not really valid. The CRTC makes the rules on the carriers. So if any other site is reporting it & does not have the CRTC approval then its just a rumor at this point. Like i posted on my above post, no where does the CRTC say that on their new rules.

CRTC link = http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm

I do want to see this " link" tho you have. 

hellinutopia
I Plan to Stick Around

I have sent an email to my contact and have been told that the ammedment/update is extremely new and its possible that it may not have been added to this document.  I will let you know if its thier and if not when it might be incomming.  Either way my point has been made about what really matters.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hellinutopia

Not going to say much but if you or your contact can not provide a site or link showing the CRTC saying what you claim, then its just a rumor / someone saying something that is not true.

So please keep that out of here unless there is something to really back it up like a link providing the CRTC doing it. I follow the CRTC & their rulings & nothing of that did come up or passed. So your contact is just saying rumors at this pont. Maybe true or not, they are rumors that should stay out of the threads..

hellinutopia
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you work for Rogers or are you compensaded through some means by Rogers?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hellinutopia

No i do not work for Rogers nor do i compensaded through some means by Rogers. I am just a normal Joe that knows the rules & policies & see what the CRTC does.

Like i said, no where do i see the CRTC passing this " claim" you say. The CRTC has to pass this in order to take affect. If it does not, its just a rumor then.
hellinutopia
I Plan to Stick Around

So your just a regular joe that monitors the Rogers forums like a mod.  Hah!! Man this just gets better and better.  What a joke.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello hellinutopia

Not really. I actually help out thousands with their questions they have. If you look at my Post history you will see i have helped many with the iPhones reservation threads, most in in the Mobile threads & TV threads.

I do all this on my own time which i do this for free. Just because people like me & others do this to help out others, does not mean we work for the company or monitor the site. We do this on our own time. I love helping others.

If you do not like it, there is a option to leave the thread or report my posts to the mods of Rogers & they can deal with it

hellinutopia
I Plan to Stick Around

Not at all if that is the case.  My point has been made regardless of what the CRTC rules are currently or what they will be in the future.  Poor consumer respect and corporate greed are a cancer to consumers in this country.  I truly hope the Federal government steps in and deals with the current state of wireless in Canada.  Time for more choice and better pricing for consumers.

I obviously dont have the time you do to spend in the the tread so I will be returning only when I have more CRTC information.

Cheers

Hogwash
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:

So your contact is just saying rumors at this pont. Maybe true or not, they are rumors that should stay out of the threads..

This is YOUR PERSONAL OPINION Meomix. This is an open forum where EVERYONE'S opinion is welcome. YOU know that.

Let the readers decide what is true or worth believing.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
hellinutopia
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed, 

Its time to let the consumer descide what they think is right and wrong.