Nexus 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Nexus 4

Try ordering a Nexus 7 from the Google Play store now and it will show the shipping fee (as well as the taxes) once you have selected the shipping address.

For me it was $19.99 CAD shipping fee (and $31.30 CAD of taxes... yes, I live in Quebec).
Creaulx
I Plan to Stick Around

MM - do you know if Rogers will give you a MicroSim to replace the current standard one? Lst time I had to replace one it was $40.
nicko68
I'm Here A Lot

The Micro-SIM is a bummer. How does replacing the SIM with a micro-SIM work?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nicko68

Which device do you have at the moment? You can just save every single Contact threw Outlook Or Gmail & then transfer them on the Nexus 4 again threw that. Once you activate the Micro sim, the current sim card will be disabled.
nicko68
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks meowmix. I wasn't very specific, that wasn't quite what I meant. I meant more the logistics of getting a micro-SIM for my existing account. My contract is up in July (might be irrelevant). If I get this, or any other phone with a microSIM, do I just go to Rogers with my existing SIM and ask them to transfer my account to a microSIM that they will provide me? Will they give me any hassle if I don't buy the phone from them?

P.S. I have a Sony Xperia X10 circa 2010. Nice phone but it's getting S--L--O--W. I also like the idea of being able to buy a phone out of contract that won't cost me $500-600.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nicko68

If you do a hardware upgrade from Rogers & get the device from them, your account will restart another 3 year term.

If you buy the device from Google or from someone else & just want to activate the Micro sim card, you can do it online or call Rogers & ask them to activate the new sim card for you.

When you want to add a new sim card on your account, you can always call them / go to the store OR do it online & it will NOT change your contract or plan.
nicko68
I'm Here A Lot

You're very helpful, thank you! Sorry for the noobish questions.

Will the new phone come with a (blank) microSIM card already?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello nicko68

Yes it will come with one when u get it from Rogers. If you buy it from Google, it may not come with a micro sim card.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Creaulx

Rogers charges you $9.99 + tax for a sim card of any kind. Where did you pay that much :/. You got ripped off really bad.

If you do the upgrade with Rogers or get the phone from them, they will supply you with a free sim card and they will activate it for u.
Mathieu
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Google will definitely not send you a SIM card with the (unlocked) phone.

Some carriers around the world have started publishing their prices for the Nexus 4 and they are selling it at the same price as other high-end smartphones. Don't know about Rogers but it seems that the smart move will be to get it from Google directly.