Nexus 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prasanth
I've Been Around

Re: Nexus 4

Hey ! I just went to Rogers and they were able to cut my sim into a microsim! 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello prasanth

Yes there are some reps that do that. Keep in mind tho if the rep damages the sim by doing that, they are not held responsible as they will say you asked for it.
clockwork58
I Plan to Stick Around

I paid the $10 for the microsim. Just pay the money. lol.

Rogers prob didn't get the N4 because even though it has "LTE" in it, it not officially an LTE device. 

The phone is also identical to the Optimus G. Except for the outer case, it's the same phone.

If the N4 came, even fewer people would buy the Optimus G.

And brand new optimus G's go on craigslist for even cheaper than the N4.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello clockwork58

That is correct. Also Rogers & Bell & Telus never got it as its not worth for them to sell it outright for 325+ tax. Remember the carriers want to make money, so Google & the carriers most likely did not agree to it.
clockwork58
I Plan to Stick Around

In Reply to Ayu [Page 4 post]

I've used an Android phone (Sony X10, Captivate Glide and now Nexus 4) for the past 3+ years using my old customer retention plan which only includes 500Mb of data and I've never gone over.

However, to conserve data (and battery) I turn off all auto-updates. Such as Facebook/Twitter to only update when I run the app.

Avoid streaming of audio/video on low data plans as they are the biggest data hoggers

You can also conserve GPS data by saving the map to your phone. In Google maps, go to the area/city that your interested in, and press menu and select "Save to Offline" and you can save the map directly onto the device and thus not using any data when you only need the GPS signal since you already have the map on your phone. [Kudo's to Goooooooogle for doing this]