Nexus 4

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Nexus 4

Come on Rogers! The Nexus 4 was just announced today and I can't even order it yet?? This is terrible customer service. I mean like it's already 8 hours and not even released anywhere but like... come on! You guys never have any new phones. It's always like weeks of waiting before they're availble. Sheesh.

(This is a sarcastic post)

But seriously... $350 for this thing isn't a bad price. I'm a bit sad that it doesn't have LTE though.

****Edited Labels****

I've Been Around

Re: Nexus 4

Will the device work on the Rogers network?

What type network connection can i expect?

The Nexus 4 will work with all carriers in Canada so that includes Rogers.
It's unlocked and requires a micro-SIM.

Why would someone buy it from Rogers when you can get it unlocked from the Google Play store at $309?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mbazdell

LG & Google said that the LG Nexus 4 will be on Sell to Canadians as of November 13th.

No other carrier has announced anything from what i know. So it could be that Google & LG is letting the carriers know how to pre order them & such. Also remember, Rogers does change the dates & launches.

I wish it had LTE to be honest. Also the lack of SD card support is a no go for me. Ill be passing on this one & keeping my S3

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mathieu

Not everyone has $310 + tax for a phone.. People will just get it on a contract & such. This is the main reason to that.

Also you forgot to add that the $309 + tax is the 8GB ONLY. The 16GB is $359 + tax. Remember this device does NOT have a SD card slot. I for one will pass on this due to not having LTE & SD card support. We are in 2012. WE should have those things on the devices by now.. Big let down BUT the price is amazing tho.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/10/29/google-and-lg-officially-announce-the-nexus-4-available-in-canada-...

Everyone will ends up paying 309$ or 359$ + tax whether they buy the phone from Google Play or from Rogers.
The only difference is that with a unlocked phone, you can negotiate your contract and leave whenever you want if you're not happy and keep the phone.

I never had any storage issue with the 16 GB on my current phone so the no SD card slot is not an issue for me.
8 GB seems too small but it's not THAT bad considering the price of the phone... if you don't store too much file locally and don't install huge games.

It's just not possible to make a worldwide LTE phone right now ... also LTE means one more radio to power on which means shorter battery life with the same battery.
I Plan to Stick Around

T-Mobile announced on the same day it will offer the Nexus 4 on Nov 14 for its holiday lineup. Like always Rogers will be last one to announce if they will sell it or not. 350$ for a unlocked phone with 16GB and receive the android updates from Google directly is good news even without LTE. The specs are good and will match the S3 power under the hood.
I Plan to Stick Around

As Mathieu said, the lack of LTE is almost a non-issue. And for the price, this is a steal. Just bought the Motorola Droid Razr HD last week, but if I hadn't I'd buy the 16gb directly from google. You'd have to be a bit lost to buy it on contract... The savings you'd get from negotiating a contract far outweigh any savings you'd get upfront on the device itself.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do agree BUT I rather have LTE. Most devices coming out at this moment have LTE. The memory in the device is to small for someone that uses a lot of apps, music and movies. Remember you do have cloud service but I rather have a SD card handy.

I do like the device but will stick with my S3 for now. The price is right tho. They are making the prices lower for the Nexus devices which is a amazing thing.
I Plan to Stick Around

We all look for something we like in different device. LTE for me and others is a non-issue, i wont pay that much JUST for a bit more speed on download when my focus point is the device speed. I prefer to get a device that comes with Quad-core, Tuner Radio and non-LTE then get a dual-core model with LTE and no TunerRadio.

The nexus is very similar to my good old cappy. I'm looking for a cheap phone quad-core with a good chipset and 16G ram minimum. I don't use ext SD  so at this point the price and options make it a good choice over the Note II Rogers will offer us sometime this month.

Thats the main reason there are soo much device. Each and everybody can find what they love on multiple brands and not be lock in a walled garden like the iPhone. Smiley Happy

Edited for typos Smiley Frustrated