Nexus 4 and ltemobile.apn no internet even with full bars and H+ symbol

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nexus 4 and ltemobile.apn no internet even with full bars and H+ symbol

Hello

I seem to be having a problem with the APN settings. 

I used to be able to connect to ltemobile.apn with nexus 4. I don't expect to have LTE speeds, but at least I am getting HSPA +15 which is perfectly fine for my needs.

The issue now though, is, I still can connect, but I do not have any "internet". I have a full 4 bars with the H+ symbol. But I cannot load any web pages at all or connect to any services. 

Oddly enough it was working perfectly fine yesterday. I have managed a work around for the time being. I connect to ltemobile.apn but add the proxy adress of 10.128.1.69.

I can connect and have 'internet', but it increases ping times severely and it also cripples a lot of the functions. Certain apps do not work(youtube, fongo, and tunein). 

If any one has any idea if the problem is on my end, or is Rogers cutting Nexus 4s from properly connecting to the ltemobile.apn adress. Or is there something funky with the lte network? By the way, I am in calgary.

Thanks

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nexus 4 and ltemobile.apn no internet even with full bars and H+ symbol

Hello Paul1

The LTE APN will not work as the Nexus 4 does not have true LTE.

Here try this & see if it works.

Data Configuration

Name: Rogers
APN: internet.com
Password: wap
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
APN Type: default,supl

all other settings left blank
MMS Configuration

Then if you need support for picture and video texts also add the following APN.

Name: Rogers MMS
APN: rogers-core-appl1.apn
MMSC: http://mms.grps.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.69
MMS Port: 80
APN Type: mms

Let us know if this works!.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello Meowmix,

Thanks for the reply. 

So, I inputted the apn of 

and it does not work.

The only way I could get it to work is if I also add, under the Proxy settings: 10.128.1.69

it looks like this in the apn settings

Proxy: 10.128.1.69

Only then will internet work. The main issue though is severely increased ping times, and crippled functions of various apps. Previously my connection was great without the use of the proxy address. Then randomly it stopped working one day and I had to add the proxy address.

As per my previous post, I am not trying to achieve LTE speeds, I am simply trying to get a proper internet experience with speeds only up to HSPA  +15.

Maybe it will fix it self in time...who knows 

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

Paul1,

It all depends which version of the OS you are running.

If you are running 4.2.1, you can enter the LTE settings as listed on rogers.com/unlocked and it will work if you set your radio to GSM/LTE/CDMA in the phones setting's menu by dialling *#*#4636#*#* and selecting Phone Information.

If you've upgraded to OS 4.2.2, the setting to change to LTE will no longer "Save" as google disabled it to avoid any FCC lawsuits as the device is not LTE approved. You'll have to stick to the regulare apn settings.

If you want to continue to get the quick speeds by going onto the LTE network, you need to downgrade the radio.img file on your phone to the previous version, or reflash the phone to 4.2.1 and not upgrade to 4.2.2