Nextbox3.0 Problem, can someone help please.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox3.0 Problem, can someone help please.

Dear all

Got the NextBox 3.0 today, after installation, while I turn off the TV, usually my rcver will be off too, but its not. Below is my setup. Btw my pervious box was Nextbox, and it working fine, after I turn off TV, the receiver will automatic off too, but this new NextBox3.0.... Thinking to switch back to NExtbox tomorrow...... Any advice? Thanks!!!

TV: Sony XBR55-950

Receiver: Sony HT-CT550W Sound Bar( I use this as the receiver, there are 3 HDMI in the back)

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox3.0 Problem, can someone help please.

Ok, I think I may know what is causing this.
If you did not program the remote to do the turn off, likely since your two things are Sony, they are using HDMI CEC that when one turns off the other does as well.
The nextbox 3 seems to not be properly supporting hdmi cec right now to send the right signals, so may not be sending stuff to trigger the auto turn off.

Overall, personally the speed and storage, etc of the nb3 would outweigh the having to turn it off separately.
There is also a way to set the remote to do three turn on/offs. I am on my phone and can't look it up easy at the moment but when I can I will post it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Dear Kitty

Thanks for your helpful reply, after reading some post on the forums, I believe its the problem between Nextbox 3.0 and the HDMI, hopfuly they can update the firemware for Nextbox3.0...Or have to take your advice to set my remote to turn 3 of them (Nextbox3.0, TV and Receiver) on or off at same time.

I coneected 3 HDMI from my receiver to 3 different devices (NextBox3.0, PS3, and Media Player), PS 3 and Media player are working fine, except the Nextbox3.0, maybe its time to switch back to 2.0, too bad I really like the loading speed on 3.0, its way faster than 2.0.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, as the other devices, the HDMI CEC is working fine.

Really its your call.. what is the most important... the slowness of the 2.0 and have it auto turn it off.. or have to turn it off manually (or via the remote method for 3) and gain the other advanatages of the 3.0.

http://www.urcsupport.com/html.php?page_id=518

That page should help with programming the soundbar to say the AUD button.

Though my wife hates it.. i am used to having like 4+ remotes to turn things on/off as needed 🙂
(though i am debating picking up some logitech ones to do EVERYTHING)

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

(though i am debating picking up some logitech ones to do EVERYTHING)

Stop debating....do it.  They're God's gift to home entertainment.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I had one like.. 8 years ago, when they FIRST came out.. and was buggy as **bleep** 😛 but was also like BRAND NEW at the time.

I'm a Senior Advisor

They're much better now.  Had two, and I'd never go back to the Rogers remote

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can get the 650 for around $50 here.. may try it out.

Should do enough devices (TV, rogers box, AVR, bluray)

The one nice thing about them, is that you can program a series of things.  So it can go TV power on code, then avr power code, then avr input switch, then power on input device, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

LOL.. got one sat.. brought it home.

PRIMARILY it was to use in the basement, where i have to change inputs on the PROJECTOR which was a pain.  then can do rogers, the AVR, etc.

Get it home, program it on the PC.. go to use it..
Bulb is gone on the projector.... and they want MORE Than i paid for the projector for a new bulb..

Sooooo.. returned the remote 😛  Had to fork out alot more $$.. i bought an 40" LED for cheap down there.. not going to be as big as the projector.. but until i can get a cheap projector again..
In the meantime, can just use the rogers one for the basic TV stuff.. as my wife knows how to use the rogers remote.