Nextbox soccer series names recording problem

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Nextbox soccer series names recording problem

I have 2 PVRs ... a silver Scientific Atlanta HD 8300 and a new Cisco 9865 HD NextBox.

I subscribe to Sportsnet World to get Barclays Premier League soccer games, which I record as a series before viewing.

When I set up the 8300 the games show up as "Barclays Premier League Soccer" and any game, with any teams, is recorded as part of the series.

When I set up the Nextbox the games show up as, eg., "Barclays Premier League Soccer: Arsenal vs. Swansea" and only games with that exact name are recorded as a "series" ... usually 2 "episodes". 

Games with other teams are not seen as part of the series. Consequently I have to search for and set up each game individually to record!

Why has Rogers changed the description and caused this arsache?

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox soccer series names recording problem

Its not directly rogers who have caused it.
While rogers CAN edit the info in the guide to an extent.. they are not the ones who populate it.

With the new guide on the NB2 and 3, they have changed companies for which they get the guide info from..
It seems though, that these guys, NAME alot of events, like you described.  GREAT for when viewing at a quick glance.. but SUCKS for series recording Smiley Sad

I'm Here A Lot

Sucks indeed GDkitty.  I guess I will go down the rabbit hole of trying to get someone at Rogers to listen to my complaint.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good luck! We try that often here, seems to fall on deaf ears. Smiley Sad

This forum primarily is for user to user help

I'm Here A Lot

Well I have made up a letter for stage 1 complaint.  We'll see what happens.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Good luck!  (and thats not a sarcastic one, its a true wish of luck Smiley Happy )

Let us know where you send it to, if you do get any response or anything to it..

may give some hope of some remediation on other things, via the same venue.

I Plan to Stick Around

I also reported this problem to Rogers technical support weeks ago and was finally called back.  After several weeks of waiting for a response, all I have been told is that "they are working diligently to resolve the problem."  Right! I am looking into downloading my soccer as that is no more painful than using the PVR, unless they do actually fix this typical lack of customer focus.  Smiley Sad