Nextbox slow to change channels and no program info displayed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox slow to change channels and no program info displayed

Which box are you using?
If it's the nextbox 2 (8642), it's the box, it just can't handle the speeds. Better to change to a nextbox 3, much faster and responsive.

As for the no info, etc... That's usually when the box can not communicate properly with rogers.
Did you do the setup yourself or have a tech out? They should haves checked signal strengths.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

In trying to swap out my NB2.0 to 3.0 because of slow response times since the new navigator, I was told that I was on an old plan which is rent to own. So they won't change it.

This means that after so many years of being a rogers customer (approx 7) an upgrade to the new guide - which I called in and requested they reverse but they 'could not' - made my television experience absolutely terrible and quite frankly near unusable.

This is a blatant case of planned and programmed obsolescence.

After 7 years as a customer, equipment that I purchased from Rogers was made unusable by Rogers so that I would need to spend more to get a 'normal' viewing experience.  Why should I have to pay for it?

What is this?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

This is what happened to us.  You have to pay for these PVRs but after a few years you own them and won't have to pay anymore!  Wow great what a wonderful company who values our business.  And as soon as we own the boxes they release a piece of garbage software update that is broken, slow as molasses and is nearly impossible to use.  When you ask them to put you back on the previous software that after a few years finally works they refuse.  Did anyone, ANYONE at this company actually use the new software on their own time to see how horrible it is?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@sososofail you do realize that rent-to-own was a real good deal, don't you? That's why they discontinued it.  But you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you rent-to-own one model, you can't have it replaced by a better one for free.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Has this issue been resolved or has anyone from Rogers offered any realbsolutions (other than a reboot)? Using my 8642 is like communication with the Mars rover. I have to wait to see if my commands were accepted or not. I don't even try to search or bother with the dvr? Is this the best Rogers can put out? I recently moved here and Rogers was my 1st choice but I'm thinking I made a very bad decision. May be time to change providers.