Nextbox getting worse?!?!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Nextbox getting worse?!?!

With the previous firmware slowness I found switching to Classic menu made a slight improvement.  Now I'm switching back to see if that makes any difference.

I'm sure Rogers are aware of the problems and will rectify it soon.....I hope.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Nope same problem here. I was on Classic & the slowness was going on & once i turned it into Modern, it was worse.

Rogers knows it but they need to step up & say something to the customers.. I am sorry but i find it a slap to the face the way all this is going..
Highlighted

Well I changed mine to Modern and rebooted and it was noticeably faster.  Changed it back to Classic, which I prefer, and although slightly slower it's still faster than it was originally.

Maybe doing that flushes the system or something?   I always thought that would be accomplished by simply unplugging for half a minute or so, but perhaps that alone isn't enough.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have done around 50 reboots just this week since sat. Its not anything to do with reboots or such. Its te hole updates that are ruining it.

I have changed multiple boxes & even got the 500GB Nextbox PVR & same thing. I wonder if Rogers will actually fix this or leave it.
Highlighted

I just did the reboot to modern and then back to classic. Like pmc's, my guide is faster, but still not what it was before the update.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hmm i just tried it & its a BIT faster but still lags a lot. The thing is the hole UI lags & has issues. Rogers must know this seeing as it is written everywhere but why is Rogers not saying anything to its customers? That is what i would like to know..
Highlighted

In all the years I've been a Rogers customer I've never known them admit anything publicly but sometimes when you call in they agree with you.   On this occasion I haven't called in however.

Peter
Toronto
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have noticed the same problem.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I have called & recorded many convos with the reps i speak to ( i record them just incase they are rude or abuseful in which i have met before & its legal as well) & most of them say " The Guide Rogers brought out has no issues & its the best guide out there" Really? :/. Is this why many people are complaining about it? Its funny how out of all those reps, only 3 admitted that Rogers made a huge mistake releasing it like this.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oi! I thought it was just me. I kept asking my husband what was wrong with it and he didn't agree with me until today. It's driving me NUTS! I fast forward through commercials on a recorded show and when I press play, it just keeps going and I have to back up grrrrrr