Nextbox a Step Down?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Nextbox a Step Down?

Around Feb 2012, Rogers shipped a Nextbox and some other stuff to us. Since we were using Snapstream in a PC based PVR, we just left the Rogers stuff in a bag next to the TV.  Our PC-PVR died late Dec 2012 so we thought we would give the Nextbox a try. After a while we got it working but could not figure out how to hook it in to our home wireless network so I could use the Nextbox from a PC elsewhere in the house. I like to watch TV in my office on a PC and program the PVR from there. Is this possible with the Nextbox 8642HD? If not wireless, then wired would do.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox a Step Down?

It's not possible.

Yes, it's a step down from what you currently have. Nothing may be exactly the same.

But it's what currently is offered. All the competitors ones won't do it either 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Nextbox a Step Down?

The Nextbox allows you to watch recorded shows from another Rogers digital box, assuming you have paid for a technician to come out and set up the Whole Home PVR service.  Otherwise, it is just a PVR box.

Rogers does have some options to watch programs on a tablet and a PC but you cannot watch your own recorded shows on anything other than another Rogers digital box with Whole Home PVR service enabled.