Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR function not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR function not working

Hi everyone,

I've done a lot of searching on this forum and all over the net and can't seem to get any info on this.  I don't want to call Rogers just yet, since every time I do, they make some sort of change to my services.

So, my friend just switched to a competitor and gave me his old 8642hd PVR to add to my arsenal.  I'm not new to technology and I'm an electronics technician by trade, so, I like to tinker (not hack).

I connected the box, and it works beautifully, except that when I try to record or pause live tv, I receive a message that the pvr functionality is not activated.  This is the first time that I've seen this type of message.  Other boxes that I've had will allow PVR functions regardless of whether the box is registered or not. 

Does this mean that I have to register the box with Rogers before any of the PVR functionality will work? As I mentioned, I also have an old 8300HD which is registered, and that one didn't have this issue at all. 

Frank

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Nextbox Explorer 8642HD PVR function not working

Hello ffiumara

To my knowledge you need to register the box u have in order for the PVR services to work. Without the register, it wont work. Now i could be wrong but this is how i know it works only.

The best solution is to contact Rogers and have them add the serial number on your cable account and see if hat will make it work aka register it and see.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks, MeowMix.  I'll try that and then post the result.   Like I said, I have a couple of 8300hd's that I didn't have to do that with, so I was surprised when this 8642hd displayed that message.

Frank

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Surprisingly you got even live tv on it.

Many times you can't get anything on it, unless it's registered.

It may still be sitting on their account partially... At least allowing what you have so far.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ffiumara

You are welcome! Let us know if that did the trick or it did not.
I've Been Around

I have the smae issue. Please let me know if you find an answer.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@smackerhead

We would need a little more information.

Are you getting the exact same message as the OP?
If not, what?

Is it your box? 
Is it new, used, etc?
Has it been added to your account?

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation