Nextbox - CTVHD and AMC - Audio stream cutting in / out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Nextbox - CTVHD and AMC - Audio stream cutting in / out

I have the latest Nextbox HD in two different rooms and two different TVs and two different stereos.

I am having trouble with the audio stream on various channels.  Lately I've noticed it on CTV-HD and AMC (Standard Def because there is no HD for this channel.

The video is generally unaffected; however, the audio stream gets choppy.  It's very distracting.

If I go to the other TV and use it's Nextbox and stereo, it has the same problem.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember, but now there are new shows starting on those two channels and I've noticed it happens most of the time.

In the case of CTV-HD I can switch to the CTV standard def channel and the audio stream is fine, but of course the video quality is terrible (SD).

I've had one Nextbox for about a year and the other is only a few weeks old.

I've tried setting the audio stream to all different modes.  Analog, Digital, AC3, Narrow, Med, Wide band.  All same cutting out audio problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I only have Rogers TV, no other Rogers services.  I have 3 TVs on cable boxes (DCT2500 series SD and two NextBoxHD).  I also have a few splitters.  Some that could be removed as I'm using an old cable box to give me a clock for one of the TVs.

Andrew

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox - CTVHD and AMC - Audio stream cutting in / out

That would be my first thing.. remove as many/much splitters as you can..even go as far if you can, as just do a more direct from the line in, into one of the TVs and see if it removes it.. COULD be just a signal issue.

I'm an Advisor

Freudian:

What's your latest Nextbox model? If it's the NB 3, there are a few people complaining about audio drop out problems and there are some threads in this forum which discuss it. I have  trouble with CTV HD on channel 518 when I record CTV News at 6. Where are you located (city, town, etc.)? AMC has an HD channel in the Toronto area, although I don't know how much coverage it has overall..

I'm a Senior Advisor

Jim, the OP is from New Brunswick using the Motorola equipment....

I'm an Advisor

Lurker:

OK, thanks. The OP says he has 2 Nextbox HD boxes, so I figured he must be in Ontario. I wasn't aware Nextboxes were available in New Brunswick. I do know they use Motorola boxes out there, though.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive they sort of have a nextbox version of the moterolas out there.. but different hardware and guide still 😞

I've Been Around

I have had the same problem since getting the Nextbox. I think it is a problem with the signal stength, since whenever I call Rogers, it gets better for a few days, then it goes back to terrible reception.  I finally gave up and cancelled the service.  I don't need to be paying for this level of frustration.