cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

SnoopDoggLA
I Plan to Stick Around

I may have stumbled on a HUGE issue that Rogers will be having as more of the Samsung KS Series TVs are bought. I called yesterday for Rogers to install my 4K Nextbox on my new Samsung KS9500 TV. They brought 2 boxes and both when plugged in will turn on with no sound and when trying to change setting to UltraHD go to a black screen then come back and so that the TV is not recognizing the box. However that's not true as when the setting reverts back to 1080p it shows the picture but no sound. It only doesn't recognize the box when it's trying to be switched to UltraHD in the settings which of course all of you know is the whole reason for the 4K box. The reason I know it's the box is I have an UltraHD Android box as well that plays in 4K. I plugged Android box in and it reads and plays 4K no problem. So I take that exact cable and plug it in the Nextbox and still the same thing, it doesn't recognize it. Now I have another 4K TV which is the 2015 Samsung JS9500 and I figure if I move the box out to that TV it will do the same thing as it's a box issue, but when I moved it out to that TV everything works fine. So I figured let me change the setting to UltraHD on the 2015 Samsung JS9500 that works and just unplug the box and move it back to the 2016 Samsung KS9500. Once I do that and move it back to the Samsung KS9500 it's just a black screen as the TV won't recognize the box as it's in UltraHD mode. If I didn't have 3 other UltraHD devices connected to the 2016 Samsung KS9500 I would of thought it was the TV however all other 4K devices connect with the HDMI cable. When I try to use the same HDMI cable that works for those devices it won't recognize the Nextbox. I have a senior tech coming tonight and I'll show him all that I wrote above, but the fact that the 4K nextbox seems incompatible at the moment with the new 2016 Samsung KS Series is going to be a HUGE problem once more people starting purchasing these TVs. My question is does anyone on here have a 2016 Samsung KS series TV? Or the problem limited to the Samsung KS9500 model alone? Or is the whole line of Samsung KS Series? 

***Edited Labels***

177 REPLIES 177

Re: Nextbox 4K not working on 2016 Samsung KS Series TVs

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Jr75

Hopefully the update comes or some sort of firmware and fixes the issues for u!

Zwicks1
I Plan to Stick Around
Let us know what Samsung tech has to say. I've had the same problem for 2 months and finally gave up. It works with my old HD box

jcagencies
I Plan to Stick Around

I am having same problem. It is now August 13 2016. Has anyone been able to get a fix. Had rogers tec for 2 hours and had samsung on phone. Samsung think it might be connector box don't think it is rogers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @jcagencies

Its not the connector box. It has to do with the firmware and software not communicating between the tv and Rogers box.

jcagencies
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for response.......so is there a fix?