cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextbox 3 reboots when recording more than 2 shows at a time

IroncladMerc
I'm Here A Lot

This has happened twice now. We were recording 3 shows at once, and when we tried to play back any one of those shows, we just get a black screen, and eventually the Nextbox 3 reboots itself. When it finishes rebooting, the 3 shows are gone as if they were never recorded. 

Anyone else getting this issue? Seems to happen everytime we try recording more than 2 shows at once. 

***Edited labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Nextbox 3 reboots when recording more than 2 shows at a time

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have heard a few reports of this, here and elsewhere..  so there are others with it.

But its not global/common.   I regularily at least 2-3 times a week, record 3+ things at one time, and playback another, without an issue.

Have even recorded up to 6 things at one time, for about 30 mins no problem.

thomask
I Plan to Stick Around
I experienced that heavily on the NextBOX 2. I think it was a hard drive issue. It acted like my PC does when the thing doesnt want to write to a bad sector thats not listed as bad. of course, it tries to write to the next sector, which might be bad... and you get a few of those you get an error. Not sure if this is the case for yours, just saying this is what happened with my NextBOX 2.. Im on NextBOX 3 now and not had that same problem...

jessica3045
I've Been Here Awhile
I have had a few recorded shows disappear. Confirmed that the series is scheduled to record and save until I delete but they are just Mia. I saw them both start recording at the show times as well.

I thought it had something to do with recording, but now I am noticing it crashes once a day, and it's always if I try to play something back and I get a black screen, it will sit on the black screen for a couple of minutes and then reboot. It doesn't matter if anything is recording or not, it seems like it is playing russian roulette when it starts playback. Once in a while it gets the black screen. The recordings themselves are fine as they play back just fine after it finishes rebooting.

This problem seems to be random.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation