cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nextbox 3 reboots when recording more than 2 shows at a time

IroncladMerc
I'm Here A Lot

This has happened twice now. We were recording 3 shows at once, and when we tried to play back any one of those shows, we just get a black screen, and eventually the Nextbox 3 reboots itself. When it finishes rebooting, the 3 shows are gone as if they were never recorded. 

Anyone else getting this issue? Seems to happen everytime we try recording more than 2 shows at once. 

***Edited labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Nextbox 3 reboots when recording more than 2 shows at a time

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have heard a few reports of this, here and elsewhere..  so there are others with it.

But its not global/common.   I regularily at least 2-3 times a week, record 3+ things at one time, and playback another, without an issue.

Have even recorded up to 6 things at one time, for about 30 mins no problem.

thomask
I Plan to Stick Around
I experienced that heavily on the NextBOX 2. I think it was a hard drive issue. It acted like my PC does when the thing doesnt want to write to a bad sector thats not listed as bad. of course, it tries to write to the next sector, which might be bad... and you get a few of those you get an error. Not sure if this is the case for yours, just saying this is what happened with my NextBOX 2.. Im on NextBOX 3 now and not had that same problem...

jessica3045
I've Been Here Awhile
I have had a few recorded shows disappear. Confirmed that the series is scheduled to record and save until I delete but they are just Mia. I saw them both start recording at the show times as well.

I thought it had something to do with recording, but now I am noticing it crashes once a day, and it's always if I try to play something back and I get a black screen, it will sit on the black screen for a couple of minutes and then reboot. It doesn't matter if anything is recording or not, it seems like it is playing russian roulette when it starts playback. Once in a while it gets the black screen. The recordings themselves are fine as they play back just fine after it finishes rebooting.

This problem seems to be random.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation