Nextbox 3 not compatible with SONOS?? (HDMI from NB 3.0 to TV and optical to SONOS not working)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Nextbox 3 not compatible with SONOS?? (HDMI from NB 3.0 to TV and optical to SONOS not working)

Hi,

set up is you connect all your input devices (Netbox 3.0, Roku 3 etc.) directly to your TV with HDMI, then your SONOS to the TV optical out. I did this and all my sources played out through the SONOS except the Rogers STB. I tried different HDMI and optical cables. Made no difference. If I plug the Rogers NB 3.0 optical out directly into the SONOS it works, but none of my other inputs are available. So the NB 3.0 does not work optical into to TV and then optical from the TV into the SONOS. Any ideas?

Is it my TV or is it the NB 3.0??

Tx in advance

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Nextbox 3 not compatible with SONOS?? (HDMI from NB 3.0 to TV and optical to SONOS not working)

Could be either or..

Not all TVs pass through surround sound 100% properly.. at least in the sense, that they may change the audio stream type
(say from DTS 5.1 to just DD 5.1 or something similar)..could be something along this line.. picking up the rogers audio as something, trying to convert it, and it not working properly.

Alternatively.. there is a bug with the NB3 right now, where it flips from DD 5.1 to PCM 2.0. It could be, because its in this mode, the TV is not passing it through, etc..

Have you tried rebooting the NB3 yet?  (this usually resets the DD5.1 issues for a period of time, till it happens again)